“Unique Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tryon
Marilyn's Melrose Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Tryon B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Marilyn, the charming and gracious host of this original, unique Bed and Breakfast has poured her considerable artistic talent and vision into creating a remarkable space in this unusual Inn that is perfectly located in the heart of Tryon, a delightful, fun small town. Complimentary wine and beer,coffee brought to your room in the morning and a delicious full breakfast adds to the great ambiance of the place. Truly inspirational. We look forward to returning the next time we are in Tryon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have traveled quite a bit around the world and this B & B is truly exceptional. Marilyn is dedicated to her guests and does everything in her power to ensure her guests comfort and make sure that a stay at her Inn is memorable. As others have pointed out she is a charming hostess and wonderful cook. She fixed 2 meals for us and both were better than excellent. We left reluctantly and are planning a return visit. As you can see from the pictures on her web site the Melrose Inn is one of a kind and Marilyn is one of he worlds great innkeepers. She has created a unique and wonderful experience for guests, she should be very proud.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Marilyn is a gracious host and cares a lot about her B&B, it is obvious. It appears she took on a difficult task renovating a very old house.

For me there is too much 'stuff' in the rooms, let alone the house. Some people like this but it gives me a claustrophobic, overwhelming feeling. I had to move things around in the room I stayed in to put my small suitcase somewhere. The bathroom is very small (it's an old house) and still needs some updating.

The photos are quite accurate, so you will see the fullness throughout. The next time I am looking for a Bed and Breakfast I will be more careful to find one where less objects and belongings abound.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Carol42758
Reviewed 17 February 2014

All I can say is THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! We had the most wonderful time, and everything we put into our mouths was absolutely fantastic! You are a very talented and AMAZING lady, Marilyn. You also have a special way of making people feel welcome and right at home - including our little four legged friends ( :
There couldn't be a more perfect person to run Melrose Inn than you! I highly recommend this inn - you will be in store for a treat!
Thanks again for a night that neither of us will ever forget in your beautiful sanctuary -
Jill

Room Tip: The rooms are all different and each one is unique, so choose based on personal preference and the s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jill20142014
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

The owner is also a gourmet cook . The meals were top notch . The rooms are theme decorated. My husband and I stayed in the Egyptian room . When we checked in , we were greeted with a glass of wine and comfy in the parlor with a fire .there were lots of collections which made for vibrant conversation .

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Bentley M
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This inn is located just blocks from downtown Tryon. We were in town to attend a beer festival. This historic property is decorated with themed rooms and interesting collections. Marilyn the owner is engaging and animated about her dream of being an inn keeper. Rooms are surprising quiet for an older home. Great host and breakfast was fresh, nice presentation and filling. The rates for an inn are very reasonable. We hope to be back for the BBQ festival in June.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelnutTN
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at Marilyn's Melrose Inn for a personal writing retreat and couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. There were plenty of spots to sit and write, think, and relax scattered throughout the inn and grounds. The breakfasts were scrumptious and served when and where I wanted them. Coffee outside the room when I woke up was a delightful touch. Marilyn herself is a gem--generous, interesting, kind, and thoughtful. I slept well, was able to accomplish all I set out to do, and enjoyed myself immensely during my stay. I highly recommend this delightful B&B to all Tryon visitors.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LeahH01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tryon
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
#1 of 2 in Tryon
Orchard Inn
Orchard Inn
#1 of 7 in Saluda

Been to Marilyn's Melrose Inn? Share your experiences!