“Everything we wanted, and more!”
other travellers have booked this property
Warm, welcoming, restful living space provides ample room to stretch out and rest after exploring.
Several guests have commented on how well they slept on this super-comfy bed. Its YOUR turn to try! Cozy cottage awaits. Inviting, thick green carpet of grass just beyond a perfectly sized patio.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Warm carolina light fills up the cottage. Blue skies are a common gift around the isothermal belt.
Real slate gives the bathroom real character. Unplug and find peace and solace in a warm bath.
Sunshine, warmth, rest and peace drift down to guests as they watch the clouds from the day-seat.
Surrounded by an ancient oak / hardwood forest, the birds sing happily to you every morning.
Feel free to make yourself at home! Equipped kitchen, lots of counter-space in a relaxed atmosphere.
Lots of space for peace. Here, you might say that REST finds you just as much as you - find rest.
The couch pulls out into a spacious bed.  Stay comfy while connected. Free internet access included!
Get some extra rest or lounge on the couch? Ah, the choices are endless. Lots of hikes nearby, too!
Western Carolina weather is known for gentle variety. Come, enjoy this part of the world with us.
Our Golden Retriever
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Paradise6...
“Everything we wanted, and more!”
Reviewed 19 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Beautiful little cabin tucked away in Rutherfordton. This is ran by a family that knows wha they are doing. We get there at 7:00 PM and everything is laid out in the cabin for you with perfect instructions for everything. It is a little closer to the families house then ecxpected , but they make up for it with great service and beautiful home. They even have a dog on the property , but dont be alarmed this is the sweetest dog ever and only wants to be pampered. All in all i will be coming back 100 percent!

Gshevette
“Mr”
Reviewed 5 December 2016 for a stay in October 2016

What a nice setting. Very close to Equestrian center and other near by attractions. Strangely though when I went to look at the reviews I notice a negative review written. The only negative review as far as I could tell. It doesn't really read like i stayed in the same location they did. Device reception was fine. I certainly didn't watch much TV. I was actually out enjoying the woods etc. I also found it unusual that someone would mention a family pet that is clearly loved by the family. Well...I guess that's why so many folks visit NY.

Lori H
“Great place for a mountain getaway.”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We enjoyed our stay. It was clean, well maintained and we were well taken care of. We were close to all of the places we planned to visit. The cottage and surrounding areas were beautiful.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Amber1446
Charleston, South Carolina
“Perfect Getaway!”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My boyfriend and I were looking for a quick getaway for the weekend close to home. We loved this area and can't wait to come back. We spent time in the three surrounding small towns shopping for antiques and trying the local restuarants. I am an avid horseback rider so I enjoyed touring the Tryon Equestrian Center. The owner and her husband were just as nice as they could be we wanted to come a day early and she was so accommodating. Local winery brochures were left out for us and the place itself if amazing. Everything was so clean and we enjoyed cooking a meal for the two of us one night while watching a movie. We can't wait to come back and bring friends. Thank you for everying!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
noflying5...
Loveland, Ohio
“European Style Petite Villa in Peaceful setting with old-fashioned hospitality”
Reviewed 20 February 2016 for a stay in September 2014

My mother and I stayed here as a stopping point between Florida and home and it was she who dubbed this "The Petite Villa". I had stayed here the year before with two girl friends so I already knew what a wonderful place it was and wanted my mother to experience the charm of the location and the warmth and personality of the hostess (Evelyne, who is French) and her husband, Tom. The decor is clean and lovely - very European and designed to exude serenity. The kitchenette is perfect for preparing simple meals. The "beds" were comfortable with nice linens and towels. I slept in the bedroom while my mom preferred the sofa bed. The villa is located in the garden area adjacent to the owner's home but it is very private and very peaceful as they are located on a hillside surrounded by much land and off the busy roads. There is much to do in a short distance including Lake Lure and Chimney Rock and also many hiking trails (on a previous visit we had hiked up to a beautiful waterfall). Although wi-fi is available I never stay in get away places like this intending to watch TV and/or movies. I relish the calm, the beauty of the garden outside and just the simplicity of being away from it all. This little villa offers all this and more. It is well worth a visit or an extended stay! I highly recommend it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: This little getaway cottage was just so perfect and cute
Liked least: We arrived in the dark and did make one wrong turn but finally got there
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
Michael W
Richmond, United States
“Absolutely perfect getaway!”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Couldn't be happier with the experience! Eve and her husband were incredibly friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Their beautiful guest house was clean, comfortable, and inviting. The setting was perfect - nestled in the trees on a hillside well off the road and away from any noise. Secluded and quiet but not far from the local area attractions and food. The house has a tv and wifi but we didn't use either (I don't go to the mountains to plug in) and would recommend the same to anyone else. Go enjoy the numerous activities that are all easily accessible: Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, numerous horse stables, hiking trails, and wineries. Perfect location for a couple to stay for as long as you wanted to--full amenities are provided, just bring your own clothes. Could easily sleep 4 people, only downside would be the one bathroom is inside the bedroom. Highly recommend and already looking at possible dates to return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful, clean, comfortable place to stay! Great owners!
Liked least: Water pressure in the shower was good enough but not great.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
Greg S
Shelby, North Carolina
“Again and again and again”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in November 2015

I love this rental. It is my "go to" place to stay whenever I am in the area. The host are always accommodating to my sometimes quirky needs and the service is outstanding. I have stayed here multiple times and the property and host deliver again and again and again. The house is well kept with nice furnishing and furniture that suites my needs and is attractive for me individually and to my wife when she travels with me as well. I really enjoy being outside too with a nice cigar and glass of wine. The patio is a great place for fire in the fire pit or to read the paper while having a cup of "Joe!" I would certainly recommend you staying at this wonderful property with outstanding host and a great environment.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How clean the property was, the value and the host!
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing