“Best Hospitality in NC”
Review of Taylor House Inn

Taylor House Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2009

The couple that owns this beautiful house are so great, they make you feel like your just hanging out at home. It didn't feel like they were some company trying to make family, but more like they were family helping make great memories!

• Stayed: November 2009

Reviewed 5 November 2009

Our stay, quality of sleep, breakfasts, room comfortability , climate controls, scenic location and hospitality of the Inn Keepers were all simply unparalleled. Expectations were not only met but far exceeded by the Inn Keepers commitment to ensuring the best possible experience. It was immediately clear to me the first night that their high ratings were very well deserved. My husband and I stayed 3 nights and look very forward to staying there again the next time we're in the area. I don't think I could go back to "mainstream commercial lodging" in the High Country after this. We were made to feel very welcome and pampered.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Taylor House Inn is a nice spot for a getaway. We were visiting our son who is attending a nearby college. The Taylor House Inn was just a few miles away. A beautiful setting in the mountains of North Carolina. The Inn is beautiful. Filled with beautiful artwork. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The hosts, Tessa and Bernard, are eager to please. Breakfast is fantastic. We'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I had a great time while staying at the Taylor House Inn. Our time was a great value, we
only spent one night. I would reccommend this Inn to my friends for a good get away to the mountains. Tessa was very helpful in planning our stay and helping out with finding a good place for dinner. I will bet that this Inn would be even more lovely when the leaf season begins.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2009

My husband and I rented the Taylor House Inn for our wedding weekend. We stayed at the Inn with our bridal party and a few other friends and truly had the time of our lives. Tessa and Bernard, the inn keepers, do everything possible to make your wedding perfect. Tessa always made herself available to me via phone and email and helped to keep me sane during the wedding planning. They made sure every detail was taken care of, down to the lighting in the tent. The Inn itself is stunning and feels like walking into your own home. It's so airy and beautiful and each room is spacious and clean. I can't say enough how wonderful the Taylor House Inn is...we'll be going back often!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srritzer
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Very charming inn...great service and extremely accomodating for the wedding we were attending. Went the extra mile to make sure everything went off without a hitch.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tarapl
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Our daughter chose the Taylor House Inn Bed and Breakfast for the location of her outdoor wedding and it was simply magical. Tessa and Bernard's flower gardens provided a beautiful backdrop for the wedding ceremony and the photos. On the day of the wedding I was impressed and pleased to see windows being shined, the porch being swept, and carpets being vacuumed. This attention to detail showed me to what lengths Tessa and Bernard were willing to go to make it a perfect occasion. The first floor suite with parlor provided more than ample space for the bride, her attendants, and all of the wedding accouterments. My favorite room was the bright and cheerful dining room where Tessa served her scrumptious breakfasts. Tessa and Bernard were wonderful hosts and lent their help in unexpected and totally appreciated ways. I'd return to this beautiful B and B in this beautiful location in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
#3 of 16 in Blowing Rock
Ridgeway Inn
Ridgeway Inn
#11 of 16 in Blowing Rock

Been to Taylor House Inn? Share your experiences!