“Mast General Store in Valle Crucis, NC”
Review of Mast General Store

Mast General Store
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: An old-fashioned country store with many unique items for sale.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Every time we're in the area, we stop in at the Mast General Store. The place is a wonderful reminder of days gone by! The single file wooden stairway to the upstairs, the rockers and porch swings on the back porch and the old-timey toys and foods all make you feel like you stepped back to the early years of our country's history. Be sure to check out the Annex down the street, where buckets of old fashioned candy can be purchased by the pound! We love the whole area!!

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We go each year were in town. This past year was the same time as some festivals so it was packed. Always prefer less of a crowd but the lack of mobility this past trip doesn't take away from the quaintness and feeling of going back in time as soon as you walk in the door. Great selection, good service and a must visit whenever in the area. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This store has a lot of items you might see elsewhere, but not all together in one store, and some things I've only seen in catalogs. A lot of nostalgia items for baby boomers like certain candies or sodas, but also upscale home decor pieces. I found a 'survival' bracelet for my nephew and a twig crayon for my young niece. Nice stocking stuffers.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Wide variety of interesting selections of General Store mdse. Hard to leave here w/o buying something; they have it all...and it is good quality, too!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Expected more " old timey " type products for sale, in keeping with the tradition of the store. Didn't expect so much candy. I did expect there to be expensive clothing there, (as I had heard of the particular brands that they sell there before my trip), which is why I didn't buy any. . Overall was just disappointed because I thought I would be able to walk in and purchase a unique item or two that you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. Instead I walked out with a bottle of Dr.Bronner's soap and a couple of small bags of chocolate covered almonds.