“Favorite Hidden Treasure”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Over Yonder is a destination restaurant in Valle Crucis, North Carolina; Near Blowing Rock, Boone, Banner Elk, and Linville in The Western North Carolina High Country mountains. Designed, owned and managed by the award-winning Mast Farm Inn, Over Yonder restaurant tells the story of historic Appalachian cuisine in a picturesque setting atop the rolling hills and peaks of Valle Crucis, North Carolina. Located across from the Original Mast General Store, a few hundred yards from The Mast Farm Inn.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant was the highlight of our recent visit to the mountains.
It was a very chilly day and we sat next to the fireplace and enjoyed an excellent lunch.
We cannot wait to come back and our first stop will be Over Yonder again!
My friend is from the Gulf area and she said the gumbo was the most authentic she’s had outside of Louisiana!
Five Stars! ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

1  Thank AslansFriend

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant is quickly becoming the place to eat in the High Country. Make sure to make reservations or come early. The food is wonderful. The staff is attentive. What else can you ask for. After you eat make sure and visit the stores across the street.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with my wife for lunch. It is just a great place where they cook from scratch.

My wife had their Cornmeal Crusted Rainbow Trout and I sampled...we both thought it was great.

I had their BAM Burger which is half beef half lamb...BAM. It is a Cheeseburger and lamb mixed with the beef is a great combo. The lamb adds flavor you don’t get with just beef and the beef mellows out the lamb flavor which can be overwhelming if you just had a lamb burger. It is an inspired burger

Rachel our server was fantastic and she makes a TERRIFIC Whiskey Old Fashioned.

And for dessert my wife and I shared a thing whose name I can’t remember but it was basically a warm gooey brownie pie with terrific vanilla ice cream. It was awesome.

Well behaved dogs are allowed if you dine outside on the Covered Porch so we brought our Black Lab named Ben. Without us asking Rachel brought Ben a water bowl to drink from while he laid next to me as we ate.

Lastly they have a little store with some interesting stuff. My wife bought a jar of Peach Moonshine Jam. It will remind us of our trip to Boone NC

This is definitely a very good and unique place that is worth visiting for lunch or dinner. Great food and great people,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited for my birthday before leaving town the next day on a trip. There were 4 of us and we were seated immediately upon arrival. We've eaten here a couple times and have had to wait other times. This particular visit was a Wednesday evening and the flow of diners was steady but slow. Our table had the market beef (rib eye this time) and chicken fried steak. Everything was very good. They have great craft cocktails as well. The service is friendly and attentive but just a little bit slow. Its well worth the wait for the food, though!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the moment my family entered, it was nothing but warm welcomes and “Happy Father’s Day” to me and my father-in-law. The waiter’s menu suggestions were perfect. The shrimp and grits were incredible. The sides—French bread and a specially prepared okra—made for a perfect combo. The bread, dipped in the saucy part of the grits could cause an addiction. Other members of the family ordered the fried chicken. I had this a couple of years prior and I remember it being great. The portion of chicken is humongous! If you order a side of okra, the sauce accompanying it is fantastic. And dessert... well, it was the hardest decision of the night. Between butterscotch banana pudding, peach cobbler, and chocolate chess pie, it’s like choosing between a Ferrari, Aston Martin, or Lamborghini... but with dessert. The mountain homestead atmosphere and outstanding service is enough for me to give this place a perfect 10.