“Will come back again!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
NC
“Will come back again!”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Girl at Comfort Inn recommended this place when I was in town for a couple days, Food was very good and plentiful.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank sheltoe19028

NC
“Shrimp Special is worth the price”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Wednesday night is shrimp special night. Our portions were large. The shrimp were a little overcooked, but still good. The wait time was a little excessive. Overall, for the price you can't go wrong.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank weekendbeacherNC
Bath, North Carolina
“Nothing for a vegetarian.”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Seriously??? Not even a salad! Get with the times.

Greenville, North Carolina
“Great BBQ but....”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I'll tell the good part first. The BBQ from this restaurant was REALLY good. The slaw was fantastic. Prices were good for take out selections and portions were large. The restaurant itself is clean but like most BBQ places not fancy.

What really bothered me was that when we visited on a Saturday there was a boy around 7-8 years old behind the counter. He may have been the child of the person working the counter. He was filling cups with ice, which in itself is harmless. Then I noticed he was running his bare hands through the ice chest! Yuck! Glad I wasn't ordering a drink. Maybe someone needs to pay more attention to things like this. I mentioned it while my husband was paying and the woman taking the order just smiled at me and continued what she was doing.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank grana103
McKinney, Texas
“Good Food for a Relatively High Price”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The lady behind the counter was, as I've heard said many times, about as friendly as a rattlesnake. She took my order -- half a bbq chicken with boiled potatoes and baked beans, and handed me a vibrating buzzer. "When that starts buzzing, bring it to me," she said. I did, and the food she gave me in return was pretty good.

The chicken had that same something that I tasted at Boss Hog's Backyard BBQ (also in Washington), but was not quite as good. Maybe because it wasn't "twice-baked" like at Boss Hog's. Everything was plenty hot, except one thing I'll mention later.

The chicken here included a breast, unlike Boss Hog's, but it was drier and not as flavorful as the leg and thigh. The baked beans were good if a little sweet, and the boiled potatoes just needed a little salt. The hushpuppies were cold and had no flavor at all. In fact, to make them edible I had to get a couple of margarine packages -- never good when the food you're putting it on is already deep-fried. I ordered chicken to make a fair comparison to the other barbecue joint I had visited the previous day.

My biggest disappointment was that with a soda my meal cost about $11 -- more than I would expect at a BBQ restaurant for lunch.

The restroom was very clean and smelled slightly of ammonia.

• Visited October 2011