“Nice hotel, good stay”

Hampton Inn Washington
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel was easy to find. The room was clean, the shower pressure was strong, and the A/C worked very well. There were large plugs for electronic devices on the nightstands, which was terrific! The complimentary breakfast was not that great (microwave breakfast sandwiches and frozen fruit), but everything else was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a great hotel. I have visited this area multi times. Always stayed in this hotel. I have never had a problem. My son was married in washington, N.C. The staff was very accomadating during all our trips there. The employees are very friendly and attentive to guest needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I travel throughout NC conducting Small Business Seminars. I always look for and stay at Hampton Inns. This one was typical of what I find in the all which is a great experience. They are always close to where the colleges I present at.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The rate was 45% higher at time of arrival versus when I booked online. At 12:30 am I had little choice but to stay the night. I cancelled my second night's reservation. The general manager changed the policy and will not honor Government Rates for personal travel. I was not informed in advance. I was casually asked the purpose of my trip (as in small talk), then told that my booked rate of $83 would not be honored. Instead I had to pay $120.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were just there in April and we enjoyed our stay there so much that when our church came back in May I suggested that we stay there. There wasn't any bad feed back When asked how did they like it the responsed was what is there not to like

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room for two nights was clean, but a bit musty (from humidity??). The employees were friendly and attentive. It is located right off the main HWY into the town and close to a few food options.....

Room Tip: Avoid the hot breakfast as the option is to microwave the egg dishes in the plastic wrapper
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On my recent stay at the Hampton Inn Washington in NC, I was totally surprised at the knock on the door at 9 AM on day of checkout. The housekeeping lady on the other side asked me if I was preparing for checkout. She woke me up at 9 AM to make sure I was preparing for checkout at 11. When asked why she would wake me up at 9 when checkout was at 11 she said she was told to do that. I was not happy! I was only staying for one day. Was not able to arrive in Washington, NC until after 6 pm. Was SO looking forward to sleeping in!

Since I was now awake, I went downstairs for continental breakfast. I let the lady at the front desk know about my early wake-up knock. Let her know I'd stayed at Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden, Embassy Suites, and Hilton and many other hotels not associated with Hilton many times in the last 30 years and had never been contacted by phone or a knock on the door prior to check-out. She apologized.

After packing, I went back to the front desk. I was still very unhappy about the wake-up call and asked her might I be given some sort of compensation. She took $6.77 off the cost of my $128.54 one night stay. I guess that was better than nothing, but it seems to me I was the only one who felt it unacceptable to have paid for a room, adhered to the rules (check-in 3pm, check-out 11 am) and received the response I did.

5/26/2014 Beth (tired in Washington, NC)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Fairfield Inn and Suites Washington
#1 of 22 in Greenville
Econo Lodge North
Econo Lodge North
#6 of 7 in Washington

Been to Hampton Inn Washington? Share your experiences!