“OH.EM.GEE.!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Wanted to try this place because I had heard some good things about it. Just happened to come in on a day when their Charleston style shrimp and grits was a lunch special and since I've been wanting to try them, I did. I seriously do not have a sufficient vocabulary to describe this dish! It sounds so simple, but there was such a complex blend of flavors! I couldn't eat it all and so I brought it home. My husband had an equally delectable sandwich, The Irish Lass, which came with fresh, homemade potato chips! The owner was as gracious as could be and gave us a tour of the dining room, which was closed as it was lunch time. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with this restaurant. I had heard good things, but I was not very impressed. Food was mediocre, service was not very good and our waitress was not particularly friendly (I believe her name was Kim..?), atmosphere was the best thing about this restaurant. It was an upscale atmosphere.

1  Thank Karenjohnson25
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great Food, Great Service, Very welcoming. Perfect! Brings back memories and my desire to visit Washington frequently. 3 couples went to celebrate a friends birthday. Was very impressed with all aspects of the restaurant. I just hope Washington has the appreciation for what is being done. Greenville, its well worth the drive.

2  Thank CurlyofGville
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I live in Washington and had eaten at Ne' er Do Well quite a few times. The food has been great...almost an ode to the Curiosity Shoppe restaurant we all loved so dearly some years back. I cringed when I read the review of the Anniversary couple, I believe that they probably would not be pleased at any restaurant. Ne'er Do Well does have great food and some great wait staff. There is one waiter we had that had a hard time getting it together, but whether he is new to serving or just not a good choice for a waiter is the question. All new restaurants have to get the glitches figured out...and it takes a bit of time. This restaurant has some great people behind the scenes in the kitchen and some wonderful waiters as well. Please give it the opportunity to impress you and not heed the Anniversary couples review. That is the exception not the rule at Ne'er Do Well. I too have eaten at fine restaurants the world over and this one is my new go to spot to eat in Washington. I think I could overlook not getting a straw for my water...P.S. Fine dining is really not the place for straws unless you are a kid - check Emily Post BOE.

2  Thank m t
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Four of us who had never been chose the dining room for dinner. Two had pan seared salmon and two had a pork chop with apple butter demi glace. Each of us really liked what we had including the side vegetables and starter salads. The garlic mashed new potatoes were very good as were my seasonal vegetables with some kind of oriental type sauce. Those who ordered salmon got green beans which they said were quite good. Three of us had mango pear salad which was a very nice sized plate of spring greens with poached pears and a mango vinaigrette dressing. The bread was excellent, more biscuit than roll but very , very soft. We also had their tomato pie appetizer. It was good but not needed given the portion sizes of the salads and particularly the mashed potato side served with the pork dish not to mention the very good bread. The server was very nice and knowledgeable. No flare about him but he did a pretty good job. Will go back soon to see if first time expectations are met.

2  Thank Ec328888