“Excellent lunch.”

Ranked #17 of 70 Restaurants in Washington
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food is always excellent unfortunately the specials are very often unavailable. The poppy seed muffins are to die for. Ann and her staff are always friendly and helpful. The sandwiches and soups are always fresh.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Meeting Place is a very pleasant lunch spot with good food and friendly service. I eat there often and have never had a bad experience. It is a popular place, so it can be crowded at times, but the wait staff is attentive and efficient. It is one of the best places in town for a sandwich or salad.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Just OK. Try real hard, food tastes OK. Only open for breatfast and lunch and never sure of hours or days of operation.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I recently took a friend who lives in Williamston with me to "The Meeting Place" for lunch. We certainly had other options in Washington, Williamston, and Greenville but I wanted to take her there because I had liked their food and atmosphere the times I had been there before and thought she would like it. It was not a good experience this time, and I was very embarrassed I had recommended this restaurant. The lady who seated us led us to a table. We very nicely asked for a booth as there were several available, and the restaurant was not busy. This obviously did not make her happy as she grabbed up the menus and mumbled something and led us to a booth in an obviously irritated manner. It turned out that she then became our waitress, and she ignored us most of the rest of the meal. It was close to one hour before we received our food! We watched as others who came in after us were served their food before us and whose drinks were refilled as our glasses sat empty. She walked by repeatedly, not stopping to refill our tea or explain why our food was so slow coming out until we were finally able to stop her to ask. My friend ordered the quiche with salad and was told there was only one piece left. It took an hour to get that last piece, and it was ridiculously small. I had to share my meal with her so she would have enough to eat. I ordered the posted tuna special, and it was cold when it finally arrived. It really appeared our food had been sitting in the kitchen for a very long time before being brought out. We asked the waitress what the problem was, and she said they were shorthanded in the kitchen, and some equipment was broken. She then gave us a slice of cake free of charge to compensate, which was nice but didn't make up for the overall poor experience. The restaurant needs consistency. They have a couple of good waiters and waitresses and good food, but there was nothing good about this experience on this day. Also, this particular waitress seemed to favor the tables of people she knew....just an observation.

3  Thank fewunc1982
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Terrible food, no itemized bill. We ordered :butternut squash + apple soup but it came as cream of chicken with a tiny hint of apple. Our food was worse than day-old Seven Eleven. The bill was high yet not itemized, no prices posted for some of the daily specials.

3  Thank C B