“Very good value for the price, had no problems”
Review of Washington Motel

Washington Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Washington
Washington Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Washington
Raleigh, NC
“Very good value for the price, had no problems”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed here a single weekend night in January; total price with tax was round around $46.

This is definitely an older place that has seen better days, but I got the room right next to the lobby, and although it was a bit small, it was perfectly fine for what I needed, and the quality of the furniture/bed was very good. I did have to do just a bit of creative re-arranging in order to get the power cable to reach an outlet, using the table and chair as a work area.

The room had a fairly quiet heating/ac unit, good quality TV, refrigerator and microwave. It didn't have an alarm clock, but I always carry my own, so that wasn't a problem. The wi-fi was good and strong; be sure to ask for the password at the office. It will be in the format of a phone number; take out the dashes and it works fine- I had to experiment to get that to work.

I had no problem with sketchy characters or noise, perhaps being in the front of the building helped. I also like being able to park right outside my room. This motel is also very convenient to the main shopping center and restaurant section of town.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the front, as close to the office as possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lawrenceville, Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stay in a hotel 4 nights a week across the united states. I have stayed in the best and i have stayed in what could possibly be the worst! .... The Washington Motel is a older building that has has some nice renovations and the room was VERY CLEAN, I am very picky when it comes to where i sleep, being a female traveling by myself. The staff was very friendly and the price was great! I feel that I did get a great value for my money at the Washington Motel. Thanks for a nice nights sleep and a good price for a good clean room and a comfy bed. When i return to Washington NC I will be staying here again! Thanks Neva LL Transport

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Nice Job on Room Improvements:
- Nice new tile work in bathroom - professional work!
- Good electrical lights and receptacles
- Nice new furniture - nothing scabbed together. Quality stuff.
- New AC units - quiet and very functional.
- Heavy-duty front door and door lock. Secure!

Very clean. Friendly, helpful, and honest management.
This is the mom and pop hotel you alsways wish for!

Unfortunately, our non-smoking room smelled strongly of smoke. As it seems to be for all Virginnia hotels, all rooms are smoking rooms.

Room Tip: Our room near the office was updated and very nice. Ask for the same. Encourage them to charge peo...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveller101101015
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 May 2011

After reading the previous reviews, we were hesitant about staying here. However, since everything closer to ECU for grad weekend was booked, we had no choice...There was nothing wrong with this Washington Motel...The room was clean and well condition..The staff was extremely helpful and considerate (especially when we got lost.It is possible the hotel was revamped based on earlier conditions, but AGAIN, DO NOT DISMISS THIS HOTEL BASED ON OTHER REVIEWS!! You will have a pleasant stay..

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jayelephant
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Family friend recommended hotel, great value for our budget, no frills, friendly owners made stay comfortable, high speed internet access in lobby kept kids busy, rooms were big, furniture old with stains but clean, no breakfast, restaurants in walking distance

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Manasquan
Reviewed 8 April 2011

this place can only be described as a crack motel and very unsavory! while the owners seemed pleasant and accomodating, they refused to see the activities in the rear of the 1st building. we had someone eye-balling our room as if to break in later (we turned around from walking to a restaurant realizing we couldn't leave our possessions there). there were drug activities, people haning out in their cars for over an hour and others partying and being loud. NOT the type of place ANYONE wants to go to! first clue should've been the "absolutely no refunds" sign. this motel was nothing but trouble!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ginny110411

Travellers are raving about these Washington hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Furnishings were old and stained but clean enough. I probably would not have stayed there with children. We were surprised that they had a king size bed so we got a good nights rest and a hot shower.the next morning. No more, no less. Not for the discriminating guest.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Hampton Inn Washington
Days Inn Washington
Days Inn Washington
#5 of 7 in Washington
Baymont Inn & Suites Chocowinity/Washington

Been to Washington Motel? Share your experiences!