“Gourmet meal in a simple but elegant atmosphere”

Heritage Food and Drink
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Waxhaw
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Gourmet meal in a simple but elegant atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner with another couple, and we all loved our food. This restaurant rivals some of the best in Charlotte with a more relaxed feel. The service was excellent. We had the fried green tomatoes topped with pulled pork for an appetizer. I had the grouper which was very fresh and prepared perfectly. The vegetables were so good! I loved the puréed eggplant. The peach and blueberry cobbler was good for dessert, but I coveted my friend's choice of chocolate mousse with peanut butter powder. We will definitely come back!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Michelle C

Charlotte, North Carolina
“It's okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I know how it became number 1 but is not the best in waxhaw. Not close. The owner seems nice, food is ok not much of an atmosphere. No room inside

2 Thank brettholland123
charlotte nc
“Amazing Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Fresh farm to table fare that is exceptional every single time. Very comfortable setting and great eclectic items as well. Some of the best dishes I have found are combinations I would not normally order but have found that you can trust the incredible talents of Chef Paul and staff to make the culinary adventure worthwhile. Sunday morning brunch is a favorite with very reasonable prices for outstanding food. They even make their own homemade donuts that truly rock! If you live within driving distance, check out this very cool oasis in a sea of mediocrity. You can buy me dinner to thank me later, but at Heritage of course.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank travelingbart
Watford England
“You can eat well in Sth Carolina !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friends from Charlotte suggested this as a change from more traditional South Carolinian food - I was visiting from England and so had tried the "Hush Puppies", the grits, and the pulled pork. Heritage was a total surprise, and a delight from the moment I read the menu. Not that I needed to read the menu, as each item was described in loving details by the waiter (and by the French-trained Chef).

I started with Pea and Ham soup - but so unlike the usual British P'n;am - and garnished with fresh peas and nasturtian flowers. Then the so-called "Big Plate" - but not a huge one and much more manageable than many American servings. Chicken breast with grits and spinach sounds uninviting, but when served with buttermilk, onions, peas, carrots (all fresh and locally sourced) and a pepper gravy I was disappointed when it had all gone. And the grits were in a cake - much nicer.

Couple all this with friendly helpful staff and a nice ambience (shelves lined with cook books) and it's a winner. Well worth the journey.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank rogerdundee
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“5 Star dining in Waxhaw!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Can not day enough good things about this place! Truly an experience in fine dining. Staff is well trained & farm to table food is excellent!

• Visited February 2014