“Good basic pizza”

Fox's Pizza Den
Ranked #14 of 52 Restaurants in Waxhaw
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I grabbed a pizza for a quick dinner and while the pizza is good, we've definitely had better. That being said, we will return and try more as the prices are reasonable!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were volunteering at the Museum of the Waxhaws and went to get some lunch. We had heard about a place that had good burgers but as we drove into town we saw Fox's and on an impulse decided pizza was what we wanted. What a break! I had the barbecue chicken pizza and my girl had an Italian Stromboli. We both shared a cup of real home made ice cream. The food... all of it... was delicious! It was some of the best of its genre that I have ever experienced. It's c=kind of small but the service is as good as the food. I should have had a hint when I noticed they had 3 delivery cars leaving as we pulled in. I highly recommend Fox's.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had family over for a movie night and ordered a Big Daddy pizza, mozzarella sticks w/marinara sauce and bread sticks. Fox's Pizza was more than accommodating in allowing us to split our pizza half Meat Lover's and half Veggie. We ordered it for delivery and it was perfectly on time and delicious. They also make their own ice cream!

FoxsWaxhawOwner, Owner at Fox's Pizza Den, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Our first visit. The sauce on the pizza was delicious but the crust was very disappointing. It tasted underdone. It was soggy, no crispness at all. We ended the meal with their homemade ice cream. Both the Key Lime and Peach were a disappointment. I couldn't taste the peaches, if there were any in there at all, and the texture was icey rather than creamy. However, the homemade cones were delicious, frest and crispy. We're probably done with this place after the first experience.

FoxsWaxhawOwner, Owner at Fox's Pizza Den, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Maam,

Thank you for taking the time to review our local business establishment.
Thank you for your comments. My wife and I appreciate your patronage very much. I would like to remedy this situation for you. The situation you describe is not a typical experience that we want you to remember Fox's by. We have been in business nearly 10 years and we take pride in satifying our customers. Please call me on my cell phone (704-770-5328) or email me (rick.hodge@carolinafoxs.com). Also, I would like to know if you have additional comments.

Rick Hodge, owner

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I really did like the sandwiches/wedge there however on my last visit the bread on my wedge was hard and rubbery. It wasn't fresh and when I told the manger they didn't seem to care.

FoxsWaxhawOwner, Manager at Fox's Pizza Den, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our local business establishment.
Thank you for your comments. My wife and I appreciate your patronage very much. I would like to remedy this situation for you. Please call me on my cell phone (704-770-5328) or email me (rick.hodge@carolinafoxs.com). Also, I would like to know if you have additional comments.

Rick Hodge, owner

Been to Fox's Pizza Den? Share your experiences!