“Good service. Average food.”
Review of Southsiders - CLOSED

Southsiders
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Good service. Varied menu. Average quality and value. Offer bands done nights and a range of beer on tap.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Daily specials on sandwichs fantastic!!
I have never had bad choice there....
offerings unique and most are different than any u usually find
at little place like this.
They also have music...though it wasn't very good nite I was there.

1  Thank sandivinton51
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Southsiders is across the street and over the RR bridge from Maxwells. The wait was very long for the food although the restaurant was barely half full. The service was average. The food was good as were the prices. If the food came out quicker it would have been a better review. Will give them another chance.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

first time in Waxhaw, NC to visit my brother. Coming from Jersey, stopped by for a few drinks at the bar and had an awesome time. Our lunch was delicious....fish & chips, cheese steak sandwich, hangover burger! Friendly staff, and can't wait to come back. Thanks, Mr. Kennedy for your great stories.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Went to "bike night" this Wed. 9/25/13; what a joke!
Primarily went because some awesome musician friends of ours were playing. The place was practically empty; I understood why when I interacted with the owner, who was tending bar; obviously the last place on earth he wanted to be tonight.
Forget about friendliness or personality, I gave up on that the first few minutes.....let's move on to the fact that I do not like to be cheated and/or overcharged.
I ordered a glass of wine, and Ken ordered a beer.
I asked the waitress later how much wine was, and she said $7.00. I went to the bar and ordered one more glass, since our tab was there.
When we got ready to pay our tab.....the owner charged Ken for 5 beers, Ken only had 4.
And, charged me $7.95 for my wine.
Ken explained, as did I, that he had only had 4 beers, and I told him that the waitress advised me that wine was $7.00. Do you think that mattered to him; not at all.
He did not seem to care if we, or anybody else, was there....or that we would never return.
I was not about to lower myself to his level by arguing with him...so we paid the tab...and swore never to return!

5  Thank Patricia W
Mark K, Owner at Southsiders, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Ms. Patricia and her husband Ken came in on our last Bike & Blues Night. Yes the turn out was less than we expected though it probably was due to the pouring rain. They entered the restaurant and continued to leave and come back in at one point I witnessed Ken drinking from a little airplane bottle on the street underneath my sign he was clearly trying to hide it from me knowing what he was doing was wrong. When it came time to cash out it was clear in his Inebriate state caused by bring outside liquor to my restaurant, that he couldn't remember how many beverages he had had. Since I keep a tally at the bar, It was crystal clear to me. As far as Patricia goes I was pouring her her glasses of wine but she never asked me how much they were. She asked the waitress with out telling her what kind of wine she was drinking. With the liability issues this couple brings, I would not welcome them back and I would advise any bar or restaurant who knows them to do the same. If you read these postings you'll see I have little patience for people who try and get something for nothing who are rude or belligerent. or put my business in jeopardy as did Patricia and Ken. Here's what one of my customers posted on our Face Book Page:
Mr Mark. I wanted to extend my thanks for the WARM and GREAT treatment I have always received when I enter Southsiders Public House. The personal touch, great servers that smile, the killer food, and cold drinks. I always leave looking towards my next visit. Thank You

If you want to act like a middle age adolescent you can frequent the haunts of Ken & Patricia. Otherwise if you want to act like a responsible adult if you want to enjoy great food service and music then we welcome you at SouthSiders.
Regards,