“So nice and relaxing!”

Ranked #1 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Ringgold, Georgia
“So nice and relaxing!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

The hubs and I enjoyed a wonderful relaxing get away here. Both carolyn and dina were accommodating and the breakfasts delicious! Oh...The beds are very comfortable and the rooms/bathrooms very clean. Lots of special touches.

2 Thank tiffdcobb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I made reservations with the Brookside Mountain Mist Inn for Valentine's Day weekend. This has been the best Valentine's Day yet for us! The Inn was so cute-so cozy and comfortable. We stayed in the Hickory Hills room with a king bed and lots of space! It was perfect for a romantic weekend away :) Carolyn and Dina were absolutely fantastic! They were very personable and friendly. They made us feel right at home. Dina prepares a fresh, home cooked breakfast every morning which is absolutely amazing! Everything tasted so fresh and the presentation was beautiful. Since it was Valentine's weekend they also served a candlelit dinner. It was far better than the normal restaurant experience. All in all, we had a wonderful weekend, we almost didn't want to leave! I highly recommend this B&B! We will be coming back in the future.

Room Tip: Hickory Hills is a private, spacious room with a king size bed, personal fireplace, and beautiful ba...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Franky H
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

We bought this excursion as part of a Livingsocial deal. My girlfriend and I like to think we are world travelers when in fact we just love to see interesting local places. This time Brookside won the coin flip as a birthday present, and I'm so glad it did.
First of all, you'll know you've met some great people when you call to schedule your date. Carolyn and Dina are probably two of the most phenomenal people you are likely to meet when traveling on the cheap. We booked a two night stay and opted for the massage as opposed to the Segueway tour (it was February, and chilly).
Dina will make your breakfast, and she is a whiz. The first morning we had banana bread French toast, with fresh fruit. It was delicious. They will offer you just about every kind of juice (except a papaya-mango-prune blend, hahaha I was messing with Carolyn), coffee, or tea. The second day we had Mexican eggs (which was reminiscent of a soufflé) and sausage, with a fresh fruit sorbet. The sorbet rocked!!!
Dina will also be your masseuse. This was my first ever massage, and I was a bit skeptical. My girlfriend talked me into it...as it turned out, I'm addicted.
Carolyn will act primarily as your host, customer service rep, and friend. Did you get that? I said friend. Upon meeting these two, you'll be struck by their authenticity, and genuineness. They make it easy to become fast friends, and by the time you leave, you'll feel like family. This is not an overstatement. Sometimes you meet folks who are just plain ol' good people. This is Carolyn and Dina. If you can't become pals with them, perhaps you just have to look In the mirror. You can tell they take their chosen business to heart, and truly seek to make people happy.
As for the town of Waynesville. It's like any other mountain town. There are shops on the main square for a nice walk, and some surprisingly good restaurants. We chose to have dinner at the Sweet Onion, and the Bourbon Barrel Beef and Ale. Both were very good and affordable. Next year we would like to go back and try the nearby ski resort. We will stay at the Brookside.

1 Thank mg4514
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I went for a weekend and had a great stay. The owners were very welcoming and it felt like a home away from home. The breakfast was great and they made wonderful gluten free options. Also, Carolyn was very cheerful hosting breakfast which made a great start to the day. We will definitely come again.

1 Thank Charlestontraveler87
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I wanted to do something special for my wife for her 30th birthday. I decided to stay at a bed and breakfast and the Brookside Mountain Mist Inn seemed like the best there was. I could not have been more right. First, Carolyn and Dina are just amazing hosts. Anything you need and they are there for you. The minute you step in the door, its like being at a favorite relatives house. You cannot describe how comfortable it was at the Inn. The house is super clean and neat. After the tour of the house, my wife and I settled into our room, which was the Hickory Hills room. It was a wonderful room with a very plush memory foam king size bed. It was a very spacious room with a nice fireplace. It was nice that they had remotes to go to the fireplace and the heater. The breakfast is outstanding. They give you a 3-course breakfast that changed each day we were there. The first day started out with a raisin bran muffin (delightful), then a tropical sorbet that was made with oranges, pineapples, and bananas (even though it was a cold day, the sorbet was super refreshing). Finally the main course consisted of a southwest chicken frittata and home style potatoes. Just wow. They were incredibly tasty. On the second day, my wife decided she would rather sleep than have breakfast (being away from the 7 month old will make you want to do that), so I was on my own. The first course was a cranberry and nut scone with some homemade honey butter, then a lemon trifle, and then wheat pancakes with peanut butter drizzle and sliced apples with a side of bacon. It sounds unusual, but it was amazing. I loved how they actually tried to do something amazing instead of just sticking a casserole out for people to get on their own. Looking out on the mountains while eating breakfast was also incredible. I really could go on and on about the Brookside Mountain Mist Inn. Please visit them. I know I will again.

1 Thank stephen716
Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I are building a home in Waynesville and need to return regularly. So far, we have been disappointed with our accommodations but Brookside Mountain Mist is fabulous! We felt completely taken care of; from clean, inviting rooms, to delicious breakfasts and afternoon treats awaiting us. Dina and Carolyn are so gracious, accommodating and welcoming. We will return again!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, and was not sure if I would like them or not!! Let me tell you what: my husband and I will be going back often!!! The rooms were very nice and cozy especially with the fireplace. Carolyn and Dina are Awesome!! I'm not a breakfast person, but let me tell you, we stayed 3 nights and all three mornings they out did themselves!! I highly recommend going to check it out!!

Room Tip: Talk with Carolyn or Dina and they will suggest the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Brookside Mountain Mist Inn? Share your experiences!