Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Econo Lodge(Waynesville)
US$67
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn(Waynesville)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$100
US$111
US$108
US$97
Lambuth Inn(Lake Junaluska)
US$128
Travelocity
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center(Lake Junaluska)(Great Value!)
US$117
Priceline
Pisgah Inn(Waynesville)
All reviewsdina and carolynplantation roomb bhickory hillssorbetmy husband and ibed and breakfasthome away from homeelectric fireplaceliving roomeach morningdietary needswonderful hoststhought of everythingvisit waynesvillesweet oniondelicious breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My husband and I traveled up on our bikes to attend the Rally in the Valley, in Maggie Valley and decided to book our stay at the Brookside Mountain Mist Inn for our first bed and breakfast stay. I must say when we arrived a little soaked from the rain we were caught in we were welcomed by Carolyn and Dina and the other guests enjoying the wine tasting I so much wanted to make but missed maybe next time I will get to make the wine tasting provided I don't take the back roads up. The Inn was more than what I expected and more. Carolyn and Dina made us feel right at home. They had baked goodies and even turned down our bedding at night. The beds were comfortable and the decor was nice and the rooms were nice and roomy not to mention the guest service room that supplied us coffee, water, soda's etc whenever we wanted and they even provided a bag of popcorn for a movie our first night. The breakfast was supper! It was not your regular breakfast it was a gourmet breakfast such as a 3 course breakfast. I purchased their backpack picnic and you would not believe what Dina and Carolyn packed it with. When we arrived at our picnic spot I opened the backpack and was amazed at the food they packed us to eat not to mention the bottle of Blue Moon wine that was included with the backpack. This just made the trip and I got to bring a keep sake home. I can't wait to go back hopefully when the weather is warmer and with some sun however they have a rainy day closet that has loads of games and movies that I am sure would make the stay there a blast. Can't wait to book for next year.

1  Thank kmoore063
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Carolyn and Dina are wonderful innkeepers. The rooms are nicely appointed, updated, and clean. The breakfasts were delicious (sweet potato pancakes, gourmet egg casserole, bread, parfaits, juice, coffee). The house has a lovely back patio with mountain views. The patio has rocking chairs, tables and is the perfect place to pop the cork on a bottle of wine, eat some of Dina's afternoon snacks and RELAX. The front lawn has croquet and hammocks. Waynesville city center is just up the road. We had a wonderful meal at the Sweet Onion. Asheville is about thirty minutes northeast. Some of the guests we met during our stay at Brookside went to Asheville for the day, others went golfing, and still others went white water rafting and then for a train ride in Cherokee. It's a great place to just stay put or to use as a "home base." I've stayed at several B&B's. Brookside had a wonderful feel about it - I recommend it.

1  Thank Paladin86
Reviewed 8 September 2009

The four day stay was perfect. The view of the mountains from the patio was a great way to end the day. Breakfast was fanatastic. A great variety of dishes and the taste was great. The innkeepers were perfect hosts.

Reviewed 2 September 2009

This B&B was very friendly and accommodating - if there were anything special need required, they made sure to provide it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2009

My husband and I have stayed at many B&B's, but this one is the best by far. We stayed for four nights and each day we were greeted by Carolyn and Dina, and a beautifully prepared breakfast. I asked Carolyn and Dina if they could make "lighter" versions of the breakfasts that my husband was served and they did. Our room was very big compared to the rooms usually found at b and b's, so it made our longer stay a lot more comfortable. Their property is lovely, and there's a wonderful view of the mountains from their backyard. There are many locations to relax around the property, including a hammock that I loved.

The house itself is very clean and there have been renovations to make the house even more comfortable for guests. There's a guest services area where guests can get beverages or even brew an individual cup of coffee or cocoa. And I kept waiting for a rainy day because they have a rainy day closet filled with DVD's and games. Unfortunately (and fortunately) the weather was beautiful while we were there. Waynesville has a nice downtown area with art galleries and shops and is close to Chimney Rock National Park and other natural sightseeing areas.

The bottom line is that Carolyn and Dina are two of the nicest people I've ever met and they clearly love what they're doing. My husband and I both felt like we were saying goodbye to good friends when we had to leave.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple