“Outstanding as always”

Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2009

This is our 3rd stay at Brookside Mountain Mist and again, it was outstanding in every way and in every detail. The rooms and baths are exceptionally clean, the breakfast wonderful and the place is so pretty and downright cute. Dina and Carolyn are so much fun and helpful and this is one of my all time favorite places to stay. You will not be disappointed if you book a stay here. Waynesville is an adorable mountain town with lots of shops and in October, it is breathtaking. Lovely, lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank lbmgator

Reviewed 16 October 2009

Our stay was great and Dina and Carolyn were the best hosts. Friday upon arrival we had a wine social and met all of the other guests at the Inn. The room was large with an oversized bathroom, we were greeted each evening after a day out with turn down service with chocolate on the pillows. Breakfast each morning was outstanding with a view of the mountains and lovely yard.

1  Thank loveinmags
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I took my mother, who would never have chosen a bed and breakfast in her life, to the brookside moutain mist inn. Needless to say, they changed her mind on what a bed and breakfast is and she's ready to go back. Carolyn and Dina must love what they do to do it so well. I highly recommed this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank neverwritesreview
Reviewed 13 October 2009

From the gracious greeting by Carolyn on arrival to the three course breakfasts, prepared by Dina, and everything in between, this B and B and it's innkeepers will meet all your needs! The property includes beautiful accomodations, large, well appointed rooms, comfortable common areas, both inside and out, and plenty to do or not do! Flat screen TV in the room, strong wireless, mini frig, spa robes, turn down service, chocolates on your pillows in the evening, and homemade goodies in the afternoon...games and puzzles, books, DVD's, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soft drinks, bottled water available day or night...plus popcorn should you get the munchies! Having stayed at many, many B and B's, several on the Select Registry, I can recommend this place in the North Carolina mountains without reservation. Close to shopping, hiking, waterfalls, good restaurants.
Our five day stay was nothing but a blessing! The mountain view and Carolyn and Dina's
hospitality are unmatched!

1  Thank RandRDuo
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Carolyn and Dina welcomed us with warmth and sincerity upon our arrival and spoiled us rotten with great conversation and even better breakfasts.
The facility was spotless and our room,spacious yet cozy!@
Slept like a rock.
We are already planning for the next trip.
Please give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank HarleyDuo
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My husband and I traveled up on our bikes to attend the Rally in the Valley, in Maggie Valley and decided to book our stay at the Brookside Mountain Mist Inn for our first bed and breakfast stay. I must say when we arrived a little soaked from the rain we were caught in we were welcomed by Carolyn and Dina and the other guests enjoying the wine tasting I so much wanted to make but missed maybe next time I will get to make the wine tasting provided I don't take the back roads up. The Inn was more than what I expected and more. Carolyn and Dina made us feel right at home. They had baked goodies and even turned down our bedding at night. The beds were comfortable and the decor was nice and the rooms were nice and roomy not to mention the guest service room that supplied us coffee, water, soda's etc whenever we wanted and they even provided a bag of popcorn for a movie our first night. The breakfast was supper! It was not your regular breakfast it was a gourmet breakfast such as a 3 course breakfast. I purchased their backpack picnic and you would not believe what Dina and Carolyn packed it with. When we arrived at our picnic spot I opened the backpack and was amazed at the food they packed us to eat not to mention the bottle of Blue Moon wine that was included with the backpack. This just made the trip and I got to bring a keep sake home. I can't wait to go back hopefully when the weather is warmer and with some sun however they have a rainy day closet that has loads of games and movies that I am sure would make the stay there a blast. Can't wait to book for next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmoore063
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Carolyn and Dina are wonderful innkeepers. The rooms are nicely appointed, updated, and clean. The breakfasts were delicious (sweet potato pancakes, gourmet egg casserole, bread, parfaits, juice, coffee). The house has a lovely back patio with mountain views. The patio has rocking chairs, tables and is the perfect place to pop the cork on a bottle of wine, eat some of Dina's afternoon snacks and RELAX. The front lawn has croquet and hammocks. Waynesville city center is just up the road. We had a wonderful meal at the Sweet Onion. Asheville is about thirty minutes northeast. Some of the guests we met during our stay at Brookside went to Asheville for the day, others went golfing, and still others went white water rafting and then for a train ride in Cherokee. It's a great place to just stay put or to use as a "home base." I've stayed at several B&B's. Brookside had a wonderful feel about it - I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paladin86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 25 in Maggie Valley
The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Brookside Mountain Mist Inn? Share your experiences!