“My 7th time returning....this tradition will continue!”

Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I travel for business all over the US 6-8 nights per month. I try my best to stay at B&B's when possible. I found the Andon Reid 3 years ago and had such an amazing experience, I have been back twice a year, every year. Ron and Rachel have created a wonderful place where I feel welcomed and pampered, yet I have the space to have some quiet time, work, and relax when I want to. They ask about my children, tell me where to go eat (Frog's Leap Public House!!) and start my fireplace in my room. It is the highlight of my October travels every year. I have stayed in 4 of the 5 rooms over the years and have truly enjoyed each of them. White Sulfer Suite is my favorite! The rooms have always been immaculately clean and they have thought of every detail in the bathrooms down to shampoo, soap, q-tips, and perfume available! I have fresh baked goodies available in the evening and Rachel does an amazing breakfast in the morning - delicious AND healthy! Finally, the bonus I have not found at any other B&B in my travels around the US is the fitness facility in the entertainment room on the lower level - everything you would want to work out OR watch movies and play games is there. I have paid twice the price for much less service. I use Trip Advisor before going anywhere for the first time, so I know how much a first hand review means - I am 100% positive you will be thrilled at the Andon Reid Inn! Fabulous!

Room Tip: LOVE White Sulfer & John C rooms - lots of space. The smaller rooms have been great as well - c...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
andonreidinn, Owner at Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you! One of our goals is to make the business traveler feel all the comforts of home while away on business. We all appreciate your generous comments and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Wow...where to begin? Rachel and Ron are the perfect hosts and Innkeepers. They met us at the door, helped with our bags and then gave us a tour of their beautiful home. The workout facilities looked fantastic (sorry, no time on this trip to partake) and so did the downstairs bar, gameroom and TV area. We stayed in the White Sulpher Suite and because it was February, we didn't spend any time on the huge screened porch. But our room was gorgeous and the jacuzzi tub was great. We headed out early on Saturday morning and had to miss breakfast, so Rachel made sure she put breakfast in our room fridge the night before. It was the perfect pre-hike breakfast! But we made sure we didn't miss breakfast on our next two days. Rachel's cooking is out of this world and dessert is always included. There are always snacks and drinks available and the common areas are so cozy, we didn't spend much time in our room. Ron and Rachel go out of their way to make you comfortable and relaxed. Their attention to detail and committment to customer service are simply amazing. We cannot wait to go back and visit this summer/fall.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Our 2 night stay at the Andon-Reid was simply wonderful and a great first B&B experience! The property is gorgeous and has so many things to do...beautiful and cozy rooms, workout equipment, video games, shuffleboard and pool, grand fireplaces, tasty wine and snacks...and that's before you leave the house! We didn't have nearly enough time to do it all! Rachel and Ron went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. And Rachel's gourmet breakfasts are absolutely delicious and not to be missed! Even the surrounding area is beautiful and full of things to do; Tail of the Dragon was a good time in our roadster! We thoroughly enjoyed our short but sweet stay, and look forward to staying with the Reids again! Thankyou Rachel and Ron, for all you did to make our time special!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful place to stay if you are planning a getaway!! My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and fell in love! The rooms are immaculate and very clean, the whole house is just beautiful and has so much charm and history! We just visited again for a quick weekend trip to just relax...and that's exactly what we did. We didn't want to leave. Ron and Rachel are fabulous inn keepers and they make you feel at home all the time...the breakfast that Rachel makes every morning is to die for...literally! We hope to visit at least once a year from here on out. Waynesville is a neat little town also and there are plenty of things to do in the area! We can't wait to go back!! - Jennifer and Jonathan

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was our first stay with Ron and Rachel. Their home is stunning with beautifully appointed rooms. We stayed in the Mountain View room and boy did they mean mountain view. The vistas were amazing and or room was incredible, tastfully appointed down to the smallest details. They have but great thought in making this huge place small and cozy. Everyroom has its own identity. Rachel is a phenomenal cook....even serves dessert at breakfast! Two words..............stay here! One of the nicest places yet.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

What a wonderful stay my husband and I just had at the Andon-Reid! This B&B offers everything you would ever want. Fantastic rooms that are luxurious, comfortable and impeccably clean. Rachel and Ron make you feel so welcome! Both being personal trainers, they will help you to get into shape with their extensive workout equipment in the large recreation area.

There s a wonderful "Great Room" equipped with a huge fireplace, large comfortable leather furniture and a lovely bar where they offer a comprehensive wine list priced so reasonably. It's a perfect room to relax and enjoy whether you be one or with a group.

Not to forget breakfast!! What a gourmet cook Rachel is! She serves a first class homemade breakfast that cannot be topped!

This Inn is the best we've ever stayed at, and so reasonably priced. Waynesville is a beautiful mountain town in Western NC, a fantastic vacation destination. You could not want for more!!

Thanks to both Rachel and Ron for all that you do for your guests!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful!!
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We needed a brief getaway from a stressful job and move! We were thrilled with our stay!
Rachel and Ron make you feel right at home and will attend to your every need! The food is always outstanding! It is a must if you need a wonderful getaway!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are outstanding, but we prefer the suite with the jacuzzi! It has a wonderful porc...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
#3 of 19 in Waynesville
Red Leaf River Inn
Red Leaf River Inn
#8 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!