“Awful BBQ”
Review of Big Mountain Barbeque - CLOSED

Big Mountain Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Coleslaw was warm, Macaroni was very dry, Bread was soggy on my sandwich because of all the extra juices poured on the bottom, Pork smelled funny and tasted unlike any pulled pork we've ever had (and we're from TX, so we know good BBQ). Definitely not worth the $20 we spent.

There are newer reviews for Big Mountain Barbeque

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I eat there quite often. It is consistently great and service is as well. Kudos!!!!! Ribs are outstanding....fried green tomatoes a must!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

A great local spot to get some tasty bbq. The service wasnt the best but the food definitely made up for it

Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wife and I had lunch here the day we arrived for a 2 night stay in Waynesville. As noted,most of the parking is in the rear. Ordered BBQ plate and my wife had the Pork BBQ sandwich. I enjoyed the BBQ and the beans,but was just OK with the vidalia onion casserole. The deserts were also just OK,my wife was disappointed in the chocolate cake,but I thought the Blueberry cobbler was pretty good. Prices were reasonable and the service was inconsistent with great service to start,but then we were sort of left alone. Place was adequately clean,but could use a thorough going over. Good for lunch--don't think I'd go past that.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We read about Big Mountain BBQ and when arrived to the place we knew we had struck gold. It's a family run, neighborhood (really, it's in the middle of a residential block) no-frills place, The roasted chicken was great and all the sides were delicious. Try the vidalia onion casserole. We also loved the lima beans and the hushpuppies. The service was very quick and friendly.