“Beautiful place, awesome hosts!”

Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away for the weekend and since we have never stayed in a bed and breakfast we wanted to give it a try. I saw this place online and loved the pictures. When we got there we were pleasantly surprised. The place was beautiful! The location was perfect, walking distance from downtown, 30 minutes from Asheville. The hosts were super nice, very attentive and professional. The breakfast was delicious, it's nice to sit and chat with the other guests over breakfast, and the decor of the house was perfect. Our room had a dresses and bathtub which I loved, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The house is huge, and you don't hear any noises from the other guests. I have nothing negative to say about this place. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I felt so comfortable at Oak Hill B&B. From sitting-on-the-porch in the late afternoon or pigging out on one of Deb's amazing breakfasts, Oak Hill on Love Lane was actually BETTER than home: cleaner, service fit for a queen, etc. The location is perfect, if you're hoping for a relaxing visit to the Blue Ridge area. We were a half-hour from Asheville, and within a short drive of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I recommend this place to everyone!

Room Tip: The huge hot tub in the Clyde Ray, Sr. Suite is awesome.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Deb and Shell are wonderful inn keepers and Oak Hill on Love Lane was an absolutely delightful place to stay in Waynesville. The rooms were impeccable, with local amenities and the most comfy beds around. We were given wonderful restaurant recommendations and website links before our arrival so that even with a short trip planned we were able to enjoy this quaint little town to it's fullest and made dinner reservations in advance of our arrival. Breakfast was amazing every day and Deb and Shell went above and beyond in keeping with our dietary restrictions while planning their menu. They truly made our stay wonderful and every need was cared for before we even knew we were in need. We loved sitting on the big beautiful porch enjoying the birds chirping and sun streaming through the trees before heading out for the day. We will most definitely be returning and highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a beautiful retreat while in Waynesville, NC. Although our trip was primarily business related, my husband and I were able to make it into a mini vacation and quiet get away by staying at Oak Hill on Love Lane. We got the best of both worlds thanks to Deb and Shell.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had planned a motorcycle adventure around Memorial Day. I tried to find something in the middle of our twisty-turning routes that we were going to check out. This was our first time at a bed and breakfast type stay. It was kind of creepy at first, it seemed like we were walking into a stranger's house. Shell met us outside and help carry in our bags. It didn't take long, Shell and Deb made us feel very welcomed. It was like visiting my Uncle Shell and Aunt Deb's house. I would very much recommend this experience. It was enjoyable sharing a meal with temporary strangers that quickly became friends. It was fun talking to the other guests and sitting around the dinner table. It was like we were kids again. Now a days you pretty much have to force the family to eat together without any distractions, tv. etc. My husband Jody and I had a wonderful time and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: The bed was very comfortable, I don't know what the other choices were. Maybe a step-stool the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My fiance and I decided last minute to get away for the Easter weekend for a little rest and relaxation. I had remembered hearing about Oak Hill on Love Lane, so I decided to give them a call. They were extremely accommodating, and were able to work us in for the night we wanted.

Upon arrival, the first thing we noticed was simply how stunning of a view there was from the property. Sitting up on the side of the mountain, they have an amazing view of the entire valley down below. It was breathtaking! We then walked inside, where we were promptly greeted by the owners, Deb & Shell. Being the first of their guests to arrive for the evening, they took us on a tour of the entire house, which which was in impeccable condition! Everything was immaculately clean and tidy, and simply drew you in and made you feel at home. Being Easter, they had even made these cute and tasty coconut treats in the shape of baby chicks; just a little extra touch to make you feel welcome. The tour ended with them showing us to our room, which like the rest of the house, was simply divine. The large bed was perfectly made, and everything in the room was perfectly in place. There was not a speck of dirt or dust to be found. And throughout the house just seemed to linger a very faint, pleasant aroma of eucalyptus or something that just made you feel peaceful and happy.

We had wanted to run in to town to check things out and grab some dinner to bring back to enjoy in our room. They provided us with plenty of information about the local area, making our venture into town completely easy and relaxed. Once we returned home with our dinner, without even skipping a beat, Shell brought up plates, silverware, wine glasses, a corkscrew, and everything else we needed to enjoy our meal peacefully and privately in our room. After dinner, we decided to go out on the deck and sit on the rocking chairs looking out over town and staring up at the stars. Without even being asked, Shell noticed that it was a little too dark and chilly for us outside, so he brought us out some candles, blankets, and hot chocolate. Now that's what I call service!

After we enjoyed our time together on the porch, we decided to call it a night. As we walked back inside, Deb and Shell made themselves available to make sure that we had everything that we needed for the night. We then headed up to our room, got cleaned up in what I consider one of the nicer showers that I've ever used (not to mention the amazing smelling soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc.), and then climbed into our large, super-comfy bed. We decided that we really wanted to wind down by snuggling up and watching a movie together. When we turned on the TV, we found that they get just about every channel a person could want to watch, just another little perk that they make available to their guests.

In the morning, we woke up and leisurely got ready for our day, all the while smelling a succulent, sweet aroma that simply made us excited to head downstairs to see what was waiting for us for breakfast. Upon walking into the dining room, we were greeted by Shell who pulled out our chairs to seat us, and then immediately poured our coffee. He then proceeded to serve us one of the most amazing breakfasts I've ever eaten (3-courses at that!). Towards the end of the meal, Deb came out and provided all of us with cute little to-go bags, each containing one of the most soft, moist, tasty muffins I've ever had. She explained that we were welcome to eat them then, but said that since most guests are too full by that point, that that is why she bags them up for all her guests to enjoy later. And enjoy later is just what we did!

At this point in our stay, it was now sadly time to start packing things up to head back home. Shell was very helpful in gathering our bags and carrying them to our car for us.

All in all, I can certainly say that this was probably the most amazing B&B/Hotel stay of my life. The house, the inn-keepers, the service, the food, the location...everything was perfect! I really don't think that there was even one thing that I could have found wrong with our experience. We will certainly be going back the next time we want to get away in the mountains. And if any of you who are reading this are considering a little getaway of your own, I would highly recommend staying at the Oak Hill on Love Lane B&B...I promise that you will be glad that you did!!! :)

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the house!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We chose early-Spring for our 13th visit to Oak Hill. We certainly couldn't have picked a better week. The weather was perfect. Cool mornings and sunny, comfortable days. Sitting on the front porch gives you the opportunity to watch spring arrive in the mountains. Deb and Shell and their wonderful home, Oak Hill, continue to live up to the high expectations that we have been afforded over the past years. The house itself remains in tip/top shape and is the perfect place to recharge your batteries. It is such a pleasure to be the beneficiaries of the care and attention to detail that is evident in everything Deb and Shell do. They remain the consummate hosts and innkeepers.

Room Tip: Any room you choose is special.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at the Oak Hill on Love Lane with my wife and a few friends . We had a wonderful stay . The rooms are very nicely decorated , very clean and have a beautiful bathroom . The breakfast was out of this world . Deb and Shell are perfect hosts . I will definitely return whenever I am in the area .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#6 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!