“Our Favorite Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast

Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Tennessee
“Our Favorite Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

My husband and I have stayed at B & B's all over the US, inclucing the popluar New England states, and we've found our favorite in Waynesville, NC at Oak Hill on Love Lane. The attention to detail is amazing. EVERYTHING is thought of, from the nightly turn down service with chocolates and bottled water, to the lavender scented soaps and lotions in the rooms. The innkeepers, Deb and Shell Isenberg, are the most gracious, thoughtful innkeepers we've ever met. We've stayed at Oak Hill several times and it's been consistent...the rooms are always very clean, the furnishings are beautiful, the bed linens are luxurious and the breakfasts are scrumptious! We know what to expect everytime we walk through the doors at Oak Hill. It's a beautiful, quaint inn and the innkeepers do a great job making you feel at home during your stay. Waynesville has great restaurants and shopping. We'll definitely return!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank RN-EMTinTN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

We recently had our wedding ceremony at Oak Hill, the first wedding with the new inn owners. The best parts were the lovely setting and connections to local vendors that the inn owners provided. The worst part was the service the weekend of the wedding. Overall, the bad service we experienced leads me not to recommend Oak Hill for a wedding.
At first, Deb and Shell seemed eager to tailor to our tastes and agreed to handle certain aspects. I was surprised the day of the wedding when some of these same conversations were repeated and I had to renegotiate details. The day of the wedding I was inundated with questions and was not able to prepare in a relaxed way. Even while I was waiting to process, Shell pestered me with questions about the champagne setup. I felt it was disrespectful to bother me when I wanted to focus on the ceremony. Although they talked about many years of experience, for the wedding they were disorganized and so forgetful that I did not see evidence of this experience.
Also, when we were ready to pay, there were a couple extra charges. Although they were small in amount, I felt we were taken advantage of. They could have chosen to discuss these things with me in advance, or simply chosen to bear the cost. Finally, the last straw involved photography. They mentioned to me halfway through that they wanted to take pictures for their wedding website. In subsequent talks, I expressed my desire to have a private ceremony, and that I did not want additional photography taken while my guests were present, or while my photographer was on-site. What we finally agreed to about photography was not respected the day of the wedding. Instead, their daughter interrupted our photographer while we were taking photos, to get her own shots for the inn owners’ use. I later let them know that no photography taken by them should be used for any marketing purpose or on any website. I found their disregard for my wishes to be disrespectful and completely unprofessional. Since the wedding we have not heard one word from them, either of thanks or apology.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Reviewer109
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
BEST WESTERN Smoky Mountain Inn
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville
The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road

Been to Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!