Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Louisville, Ky
“Wow!!”
Reviewed 23 March 2010

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Oak Hill on Love Lane and I can honestly say that it was the most wonderful stay we have ever experienced – anywhere! The view is beautiful, the home is lovely, the décor is incredible, the rooms are inviting (not to mention beyond comfortable), and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. But the best part of the visit was the service. Shell and Deb are the consummate hosts and went over the top in making us feel welcome and completely at home, ensuring that we had everything we needed for a perfect stay. From the moment we left, all we've been able to talk about is the anticipation of returning this summer for an even longer visit.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rjluv2travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Deb and Shell run a first rate establishment. This was my first experience with a B&B and my guess is it will be har to top. Our hosts were extremely attentive, accomodating and helpful during our stay. The home was spotless...no kids, pets...and breakfast was delicious and unique. Deb and Shell know what they are doing. We looked at all of the available rooms and while they were all different, they were all OUTSTANDING!

If I had to find a flaw here, it would be a small one. The B&B is located in a neighborhood in Waynesville. Nothing wrong with that at all, but if you are looking for an our of the way B&B this might not be it, but then , you'd miss out on this place.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 23 January 2010

This was my second stay at Oak Hill on Love Lane and it was equally as wonderful as the first. I traveled to Waynesville for a job interview and to explore the area. I am so happy that I stayed there- Deb and Shell make you feel as though you are family from the moment you get out of the car and it doesn't stop for one second while you are there. Each of the rooms has something extra special to offer, be it a fire place or a cozy living space. They are all beautifully restored and meticulously decorated and the decor really keeps true to the style of the house.

The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are well-stocked with everything you might need from shampoo to a hair dryer. The bath products and lotions are exquisite and made by a local soap company. There is a mini-fridge on the lower level that is stocked with cold drinks and coffee is always available. Chances are good, too, that Deb will whip up some warm cookies just before you arrive. And breakfast is always good, usually with several gourmet courses and a bottomless cup of coffee. They do offer massage services (they have a masseuse come in and they convert one of the rooms) which I have not tried but it sounds like it would be a great treat.

Overall, this is one of the most comfortable and top-notch B&Bs at which I've ever stayed. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area or to anyone who lives in the area that is looking for a place for visitors to stay. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sarahww52
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 10 January 2010

The home is lovely and the service is impeccable. The bed was luxurious-- pillow top mattress, 600+ threadcount sheets, toasty duvet-- all of these ensured an excellent night's sleep. I was there during an unusual cold snap and the room was so cozy-- the gas logs were easy to use and heated the room nicely. Deb and Shell provide exceptional service-- my car was always scraped free of frost when I left in the morning, they provided easy and clear directions along with maps and guides to local attractions, and were always warm and welcoming. The food was also great: fresh homemade cookies available every day, innovative and tasty breakfasts with a wide selection of morning teas, and they graciously accommodated dietary issues. Not enough good things can be said about Oak Hill on Love Lane and Deb and Shell-- I would recommend a visit to Waynesville JUST to stay here (although Waynesville and the surrrounding areas are really great,too).

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CirkusPnut
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My now fiance chose Oak Hill as the place to propose marriage to me. He couldn't have chosen a better place.

Oak Hill is set upon a hill that overlooks the charming town of Waynesville. Its wraparound porch welcomes visitors to sit and admire the view of the city and the mountains on the horizon. Upon entering the home, guests are greeted by cozy rooms tastefully decorated with antiques and themes; nothing is overdone or overdecorated - a trait I greatly appreciate. We stayed in the Ella Davis Day room, which was a charming room with a sitting area near the fireplace, king size bed and bathroom. Since the B&B has recently opened, the beds and linens are brand new, the house is immaculately clean, and the rooms feel fresh and new.

Probably the best part of our stay was the service. My fiance had called ahead and explained to Deb and Shell ( the innkeepers) his plans for the evening. They were more than helpful in preparing for the night. They had made dinner reservations and had even changed the time for us several times when we were late for arrival. They made sure that every detail was taken care of for the evening - a lit fireplace, roses, champagne, chocolates. And they were the first to congratulate us the next morning with so much excitement and enthusiasm.

Deb and Shell could not have been more helpful in assisting my fiance in preparing the perfect evening for me. I can't express how thankful I am for their help in making such a special occasion so perfect!

I only hope that we are able to return at some point and stay for several days to enjoy all that Oak Hill and Waynesville have to offer.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VA_Girl_in_NC
chcooper
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Oak Hill is the best B&B in which we have ever stayed. Shell & Deb are gracious hosts who go above and beyond what is expected. They arranged everything from dinner reservations to an onsite massage. They even offered to drive us to dinner because they didn't want us to have to park in the freezing cold and walk a block to the restaurant. The room was clean and spacious. We appreciated the custom soaps and lotions as well as the luxury bedding with just a touch of fragrance. Shell even carried our bags and Deb shared a great dessert recipe with my wife. When we return to Waynesville, we will definitely make reservations at Oak Hill on Love Lane.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chcooper
Sneads, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My husband and I love this part of NC and have vacationed in the area every Fall for the past few years. This year was our first time staying at Oak Hill and I honestly don't think I could bear to stay anywhere else now! The inn itself is exquisite: immaculately kept and elegantly appointed, yet comfortable and unpretentious. The amenities were plentiful (rooms refreshed daily and turn-down service every evening, most comfortable bed ever, boutique toiletries, fresh baked goods every day, complimentary butler's pantry, the list goes on...) and the breakfasts were sublime. Deb and Shell are amazing hosts. They are warm and welcoming and are truly committed to making your stay enjoyable (right down to the smallest detail).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grapegrl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
BEST WESTERN Smoky Mountain Inn
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!