“Oh my, what a great stay!”

Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed at Oak Hill on Love Lane over a weekend while in Lake Junaluska for a long bike ride. We were looking for a quiet spot away from a 'place to stay' while in town. We have stayed at a lot of B&B's and this place blew us away. Deb and Shell were unbelievable hosts. From the time Shell took our bags to the room, then allowing us to use their china and wine glasses for a pre-ride dinner, to the take home muffins, they were incredible. To top it off, the inn is impeccable and the delicious breakfast was beyond description. We have already made reservations for next year, nothing more to say...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2010

If you are looking for a place where your soul will be restored and refreshed, this is the place!

If I could have one home away from home, this would be it!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank southerngal3
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Like many travelers, I've had the opportunity to stay in B&Bs, historic inns and modern, high-end establishments. Unlike most travelers, though, I've also had the opportunity to stay at Oak Hill.

There is no comparison.

Oak Hill has an understated elegance that puts you at ease as soon as you cross over the threshold. Then, in case your shoulders still somehow have a weight on them, Shell or Deb will welcome you into their wonderful B&B.

Oak Hill is such an inviting and relaxing B&B that I found myself drinking a glass of wine and reading a book in the reading room. Normally, rooms like that are places I zip past when going to and from the entrance. Not here.

As a final testament, I'm writing this review several months after my visit. Why? Because it's time for another break and Oak Hill is the place that came to mind to help me unwind. I couldn't stay here a second time without reinforcing what others have already said: this is a wonderful place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Notalawyer
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This was my third visit to Oak Hill on Love Lane and I keep finding more things that I love about this beautiful inn in Waynesville, NC. My husband was able to travel with me this time and we really enjoyed the comfortable second floor media room even though I had booked one of the gorgeous suites for this visit. We were really able to relax, de-stress, and enjoy a movie in this cozy retreat with a large flat screen TV which is something that we rarely do at home. Our suite was immaculate and beautiful and had everything that we could possibly need. Deb's gourmet breakfasts were outstanding! This is definitely not a place that settles for scrambled eggs and toast. Shell & Deb seek out local, fresh ingredients for their innovative morning dining offerings which are beautifully presented and always dee-lish. There are also usually afternoon treats as well as complimentary beverages and snacks. The absolute best part of this small owner-operated bed and breakfasts is still the very amiable and helpful hosts. Shell & Deb have surely found their calling and it shows in everything about their beautiful historic yet unpretentious property and their attention to every detail. We hope to return again and visit Oak HIll on Love Lane for more pampering!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bnbtraveler
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We our veteran tourists of Asheville and the surrounding areas, and have had every manner of B&B experience--the Norman Bates, the Mildew Mattress, and the Leaky Roof Inn, to name a few. We knew better than to get excited when we happened upon the website for Oak Hill on Love Lane. Clever photographers can make the shabbiest rooms look inviting. The Oak Hill website photos are deceiving too, but in the best possible way. The rooms are roomier than they appear, the setting is more private and convenient than you hope, and the house has more lovely surprises than are featured on the website. There is no stuffiness, no look-but-don't touch, every room is really yours to use and enjoy. And we really loved the introduction to local artists used throughout the home. My husband usually dreads the socializing and heavy breakfast foods at B&Bs, but Deb's meals has him searching the internet for recipes. The offerings were sumptuous and inventive, with a nod to the health-conscious. Did I mention clean? We really appreciated the attention to eliminating allergens and irritants, and had every little convenience we could have needed or wanted. Deb & Shel's experience in the hospitality industry shows in all aspects of your stay at Oak Hill.
If you are looking for a lovely B&B experience, don't stay at Oak Hill on Love Lane. We want to keep it all to ourselves!

1  Thank mandosmom
Reviewed 31 May 2010

This was the first time my husband and I had ever stayed at a B&B. We were blown away by the exceptional service and hospitality that was shown to us during our stay. The house was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The breakfast was unbelievable and the location was breathtaking.

1  Thank MBVandy
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We've stayed at Oak Hill in Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter and love Oak Hill in every season. Shell and Deb consistently provide exceptional, proactive, and personal service. The house and grounds are the most welcoming and beautiful we've found. Breakfast is always superb. We've taken friends with us. We are hooked for life!

1  Thank WMS-Islander
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
#3 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!