“outstanding service!”

Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Deb and Shell has created a outstanding bed and breakfast close to the downtown area. From the moment we stepped into their home they made us feel welcomed. It is a beautiful home, the rooms are pure luxury. They also are caring people for that week they had volunteered to host some veterans to stay for free on Veterans day. Not many places would go to that extent, and it made our hearts sing for we were also Veterans. Please do not hesitate to stay here, you will not be disappointed. Hopefully we will get back to the town of Waynesville, oh by the way if you are a hiker try the boogerman trail that is closeby in the Smoky Mountain Park.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 December 2010

This bed and breakfast inn was the most wonderful place that I have ever stayed! My husband and I were staying at the inn while he was interviewing for a position in Waynesville. From the moment we arrived (in the midst of a terribly cold rain/snow storm), we felt like we were being welcomed home by family. The couple who own and run this inn are as lovely as the inn itself. The rooms are beautifully and tastefully decorated, with absolutely every convenience thought of. Every inch of it was sparkling clean. The breakfasts were as beautiful as they were delicious.... I thought that Martha Stewart might have been in the kitchen!

I told my husband that if we were ever to win the lottery, I would want to just move right in!

Just an additional note: Although we are not snobby people, my husband and I only stay at 5-star hotels when they are available (we are very picky about cleanliness). The experience we had at Oak Hill far exceeded most of the experiences we have had at those hotels!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Had a fantastic few days at Oak Hill. Gorgeous period house with fantastic features.

The Innkeepers really do work as a team to make you feel welcome: nothing is too much trouble for them. From providing comprehensive local information (even researching enquiries for you) to the delicious breakfast sitting round a large dining table with the other guests, you feel safe, secure and really well looked after.

Biltmore is a nice easy drive away and of course there are fantastic views everywhere, not least from the rear porch, whilst enjoying a good mug of coffee!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Unbelievable - exceeded every imaginable expectation. Coming back next year. Best B&B we have been in.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed at Oak Hill on Love Lane over a weekend while in Lake Junaluska for a long bike ride. We were looking for a quiet spot away from a 'place to stay' while in town. We have stayed at a lot of B&B's and this place blew us away. Deb and Shell were unbelievable hosts. From the time Shell took our bags to the room, then allowing us to use their china and wine glasses for a pre-ride dinner, to the take home muffins, they were incredible. To top it off, the inn is impeccable and the delicious breakfast was beyond description. We have already made reservations for next year, nothing more to say...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2010

If you are looking for a place where your soul will be restored and refreshed, this is the place!

If I could have one home away from home, this would be it!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank southerngal3
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Like many travelers, I've had the opportunity to stay in B&Bs, historic inns and modern, high-end establishments. Unlike most travelers, though, I've also had the opportunity to stay at Oak Hill.

There is no comparison.

Oak Hill has an understated elegance that puts you at ease as soon as you cross over the threshold. Then, in case your shoulders still somehow have a weight on them, Shell or Deb will welcome you into their wonderful B&B.

Oak Hill is such an inviting and relaxing B&B that I found myself drinking a glass of wine and reading a book in the reading room. Normally, rooms like that are places I zip past when going to and from the entrance. Not here.

As a final testament, I'm writing this review several months after my visit. Why? Because it's time for another break and Oak Hill is the place that came to mind to help me unwind. I couldn't stay here a second time without reinforcing what others have already said: this is a wonderful place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Notalawyer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
#6 of 19 in Waynesville
Red Leaf River Inn
Red Leaf River Inn
#8 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!