“Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Description: Serving breakfast and lunch with local produce and fresh not frozen products. Menu includes biscuits and gravy, homemade corned beef hash, omelets, french toast, quiche, burger, BLT, Reuben, Stuffin Turkey, hand-cut fries, soups, salads and daily dessert. Cleanest restaurant in Waynesville. Open for Sunday Brunch 9 am to 2 pm offering selected breakfast & lunch items all day, Monday,Tuesday,Friday & Saturday 9 am to 2:30 pm serving breakfast and lunch. Come enjoy our casual and friendly environment with original local artists' work displayed on our walls.
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We have breakfast there on Sundays after church sometimes!we have been there with our family or just the two of us.

• Visited May 2013

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Food ok but not near the best in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not the best place in Waynesville for food. Sweet Onion is always better.....
usually go someplace else

Visited November 2012
Louisburg, North Carolina, United States
“Don't go if in a hurry.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Went for Sunday brunch and was on a time crunch. Saw there wasn't many people there so decided to give it a try. There were only three other tables full when we arrived but it took 5 min for anyone to come get our drink order. My sons wife explained we were in a hurry and asked once we order how long it will take. Apparently they cook first come first serve. 30 min later we got the food which was fresh and def made from scratch but was only average. I would not recommend going here if you are in a hurry. But I would give it another chance if I had more time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cafe50, Owner at Cafe 50 on Main Street, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Sorry you felt it took too long to receive your food. As we seat tables we make sure to tell them if we have seated more than 1 at a time. When you were seated at 11:20 am you were told that the server had 3 tables before she would come to yours. Since it was taking longer than we would have liked, someone else approached your table to take your drink order before your server took your order. We are a full-service restaurant which normal turn time for a table is 45 minutes to 1 hour time frame. You were seated at 11:20 and checked out at 11:57 which was only 37 minutes. We do cook and serve tables in the order they arrive and are seated. Your order included a fresh 1/2 lb burger with hand-cut fries which takes at least 10-15 minutes to cook properly. We find 98% of our guests are surprised at how fast our food is prepared and served.
Lakeland, Florida
“Fresh Limited Menu But Relatively Few Customers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We ate here recently on the suggestion of friends who highly recommended the tomatoe pie. My wife order that and enjoyed it and the fresh salad that came with it. She did say that the tomatoe pie, while good, could have used a little more of a kick in flavor. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and the homemade fries - the sandwich was well executed but the fries were a little greasy. I give the food an overall rating of somewhat better than average - but much better and healthier than fast food. While I support the idea of locally sourced, fresh food, I do not understand why this restaurant does not appear to draw more customers - we were there at noon time on a Saturday and Main Street was typically full of people shopping. Only two of three other table of customers were served while we were there and about the same number the day before when our friends went. The restaurant is clean, friendly, nicely set-up, and has the work of local artists displayed for sale on the walls. Prices are reasonable. I recommend it with the caveat that you go knowing you want fresh. locally sourced food and that this is a limited menu soup, sandwich and salad type of place. Yes, there are other good nearby restaurants - a few very good - all within walking distance of Cafe 50. My best guess for the low number of customers we experienced is that people shopping in Waynesville prefer more of the typical comfort food offerings. I am a little undecided at this point, but I am going to give it at least one more try to see if it is worthy of standing with the competition for our dining out dollars.

• Visited July 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Delicious Food. Delightful Service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stopped in with my mom for lunch on 8/27. We both enjoyed the lentil soup and BLT. The food was delicious. Nora was a delight to converse with. The food did seem a little overpriced for the portions. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Waynesville and quite a few focus on using fresh, local ingredients, so I'm not sure the price is justified for the quality and portions. I might go back when I'm in the area, but I'll try a few more lunch spots first.

• Visited August 2013