“Uses local farms & partners for their great food”

Frogs Leap Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I'm always happy to hear when restaurants make a conscious effort to buy local, so that was just one reason that drew me here. Once I got there, it was such a wonderful atmosphere...looked like reclaimed wood walls and a true rustic feel and nice and open. The food was outstanding. Menu had enough to choose from but some might feel it is limited, so be flexible and try something new out! The menu wasn't trendy but just good ol' eats! Service was good too. You'll be happy you tried the place.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I have eaten here several times in the past two years, most recently May, 2014, and it is always excellent. They have a menu which changes weekly (available on-line) instead of daily specials. I recommend the grilled cheese sandwich (it has seven cheeses!), and my wife recommends the friend green tomatoes.
The wine-list is special, with many excellent choice by the glass or bottle. They have several beers on draft, and others in bottle.
I am surprised there are any places in Waynesville rated higher....this place is the best restaurant in Waynesville.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a purposely slow meal here and savored everything we ordered. The wine was excellent and they had a very good cellar. The food was innovative, well prepared and distinctively different. We wanted to try more, but out stomachs finally stopped us.

Very responsive and friendly wait staff. When my wife (who does no like hot, spicy food) mistakenly ordered something that was and spicy (her mistake, not the restaurant's), the owner came over to see if there was any problem with the food - they took the item off our bill on their own initiative.

The place has a great ambiance. There had a interesting bar that looked like a fun place to meet people before dinner and a second area where you can observe and talk with the chef while he works. We will try sitting there next time we go.

We have been coming to Waynesville for 20 years and the restaurants have been steadily improving. I would rate this place one of the top 2 in town.

Recommendation: MAKE A RESERVATION. We were there off season and it was packed.

We will definitely be back there again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I went enjoyed a lovely meal. We were able to watch the chef work and we even spoke with him when the rush died down. It reminded me of watching at artist at work. Food is delicious and very fresh. The cuisine uses unique twists on southern favorites. The decor is rustic and beautiful.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Located a block off Main Street. In several visits for lunch and dinner, has been consistently good.