“Awesomely yummy food!”

Frogs Leap Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The wait staff were attentive and the food was to die for, everything we had was some tasty! I recommend the meatloaf, unlike any other i have had! The smoked mac n cheese with collards were perfect.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We decided to meet a couple friend here for a quick dinner. The menu is a little different and it made me step out of my comfort zone. Little pricy but delish.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have dined at Frog Leap Public House four times over the last two years while visiting my vacation home in Waynesville. It has always been excellent amd they have unique and interseting food. The first thing I noticed was their 100% food rating...rare indeed. Their restrooms are immaculate....always a sign of good management and attention to detail. Everything I have had there was creatively prepared and quite enjoyable. FLPH is one of my first choices when friends visit from out-of-town. Their deserts are also excellent. They also have a really nice looking pub area and I plan on visiting that with my buds next time they come to town.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We used to joke that it was impossible to find a decent meal outside of Charlotte, with the possible exception of Asheville, but a recent stay in Waynesville proved us wrong. My husband and I enjoyed an exceptional meal at Frog Leaps Public House. Everything was great, from the hip/casual décor and attentive service to the attractively plated, wonderful food. This is a farm to table restaurant which has apparently established a close relationship with local growers. An informative plus was the large board listing local farms and the food produced at each. We especially enjoyed the wild mushroom soup and the flatbread topped with pickled beets, garlic shoots, goat cheese and fungi. A nice selection of wines by the glass and local brews is also available.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We recently had dinner here on a Sunday evening. We stayed at a local B&B and walked a few blocks to this restaurant. Overall, the food was very good, and the service was as expected.

My steak was a bit over done, but had a wonderful flavor from the open wood fire. Atmosphere is very nice, and they have a good wine selection.