“Finally Had Dinner at FLPH”

Frogs Leap Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 122 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have eaten lunch about six times that Frogleap public house. I liked it so much that I would take visiting guests when they came into town. They have an interesting flair with their food. For example, even their meatloaf is unlike anything I have ever had. They also do a great job with fish and pork....always a creative and interesting way of preparing things. I have never had a bad meal there during my lunch excursions, so I took some friends there for dinner...and it was excellent. This restaurant is well-managed, the staff friendly, and I believe the owners are on premise most of the time. The restrooms are always immaculate and the atmosphere of the facility is quite nice.....they have done a wonderful job remodeling an old structure...the place has charm. They also have a nice bar area. My only complaint about this restaurant..... and maybe I'm just picky about having really clean menus.......but the FLPH menus are paper and they are attached to a clipboard for reuse by the next patron. For a restaurant this well-managed the paper menus should be replaced more often as they get smudges on them from previous patrons and don't look as fresh as they should in a restaurant of this caliber. Other than this single gripe, I love eating at FLPH.

1  Thank AdvRider_IOP_SC

Reviewed 16 July 2014

On vacation in Waynesville and called some local friends to meet us for dinner here. We had picked the place based on TA reviews. Was a little taken aback when they arrived and said they had been there two nights before. I was surprised they hadn't mentioned it earlier but they said this is one of their favorites...and we soon found out why. Wife got the trout...it was amazing and I got the meatloaf--very tasty...and huge portions. Friends got the pork chop and the encrusted chicken. Seasonal veggies--everything was fresh. The air was a bit smoky but we loved dining here.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I were looking for a great place to have a date. We found this place and were thrilled with this treasure. We went for lunch and it was very nicely appointed. They had a huge chalk board that told where they got all their food from. Incredibly fresh, and very fairly priced for the amount of food you received. Our server was excellent as well. She was very knowledgable of the menu.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and I stopped in here for a late lunch. I am so glad we did. the food was absolutely delicious and the service was great. This is a farm to table restaurant in which they use as many local products as possible. The menu changes daily and is always seasonal and fresh. I enjoyed a summer arugula salad with fruit and fried goat cheese balls. It was delicious! My husband and my mother shared to sandwiches, which were also good and large. if you happen to find yourself in Waynesville, I recommend the Frogs leap!

1  Thank planck23
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visited Frogs Leap on Sunday morning for brunch. I had made a copy of their menu, and it suggested to call for reservations. I did and the hostess explained that it was not a brunch buffet, but ordered from menu. That was fine with us. Made reservation for 11:30, which is the time they opened. My husband and I ordered from their cheese selection, and both selections were very good. I highly recommend the Herb something - cannot remember full name, but very tasty. THe only thing we suggested to them was we needed four slices of bread rather than three. My main course was the flatbread, very good; my husband had the brisket sandwich, also highly recommended. Waitstaff was very attentive but not overbearing. Overall very good experience and will definitely do back