“Pleasant bar, pub menu”

Frogs Leap Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
Kingsport TN
“Pleasant bar, pub menu”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Dropped in for a draft beer and a snack. Good selection of craft beers and the bar maid suggested appetizers that could be shared. May go back for a meal at another time.

• Visited June 2014

Blowing Rock
“A location worth the visit!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I were visiting our good friends who have a home in Maggie Valley and also reside in Florida (like us). The recommended this location as they said everything is fresh...and delicious!

The food was great! I had their meatloaf...they were known for it...and it was wonderful ! My wife had the fish and truly enjoyed it. Our friends had fish and one had the chicken special...everyone loved their meal. The vegetables were all fresh and the food was served hot. The bread was excellent with butter and also pumpkin butter....all exceptional.

The restaurant also has a board which posts where the meat, foul and fish...as well as the various vegetables came from...kind of fun to learn.

Service was excellent...but the server was not overly friendly. The owner stopped by (the wife) and we had a nice conversation/great touch). Her husband is the Chef and he certainly has pride in his cooking skills.

For desert we ordered the Ice Cream type dessert and also the pecan pie! The ice cream was frozen...not that great...but the pecan pie was exceptional!!!!

We did have a great time and then walked downtown.

The best part of dinner was being with our friends, Walt and Susan...however the meal was exceptional...we will return!

North Carolina
“Great beer good food”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stopped for lunch, a nice place with a unique farm to table menu, had a smoked chicken sandwich and a shrimp Po boy, both very good and very good craft beer.

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Finally Had Dinner at FLPH”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I have eaten lunch about six times that Frogleap public house. I liked it so much that I would take visiting guests when they came into town. They have an interesting flair with their food. For example, even their meatloaf is unlike anything I have ever had. They also do a great job with fish and pork....always a creative and interesting way of preparing things. I have never had a bad meal there during my lunch excursions, so I took some friends there for dinner...and it was excellent. This restaurant is well-managed, the staff friendly, and I believe the owners are on premise most of the time. The restrooms are always immaculate and the atmosphere of the facility is quite nice.....they have done a wonderful job remodeling an old structure...the place has charm. They also have a nice bar area. My only complaint about this restaurant..... and maybe I'm just picky about having really clean menus.......but the FLPH menus are paper and they are attached to a clipboard for reuse by the next patron. For a restaurant this well-managed the paper menus should be replaced more often as they get smudges on them from previous patrons and don't look as fresh as they should in a restaurant of this caliber. Other than this single gripe, I love eating at FLPH.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank AdvRider_IOP_SC
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great service and tasty food.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

On vacation in Waynesville and called some local friends to meet us for dinner here. We had picked the place based on TA reviews. Was a little taken aback when they arrived and said they had been there two nights before. I was surprised they hadn't mentioned it earlier but they said this is one of their favorites...and we soon found out why. Wife got the trout...it was amazing and I got the meatloaf--very tasty...and huge portions. Friends got the pork chop and the encrusted chicken. Seasonal veggies--everything was fresh. The air was a bit smoky but we loved dining here.