“Okay food, good atmosphere though - great for bar crowd”
Review of Tipping Point Tavern - CLOSED

Tipping Point Tavern
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Okay food, good atmosphere though - great for bar crowd”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was in Waynesville on business, and I met people here for two nights for dinner. I did order a drink, but I do not like beer. The drink was not a great value - $5 for a small rum & coke, which I thought was too much. The service was good, and we happened to be there on Wednesday night, which was trivia night, and we participated - lots of fun! The atmosphere was good and the location excellent. Lots of locals on Wednesday night, trivia night.
The food though, was only average. I have a special diet, and I try not to eat at restaurants where I have to pay MORE money for what is actually less food. For those of us who do not eat potato-based sides like chips and fries or a starch like rice, it would be nice to offer a small salad, even if it just a platter salad. Instead, even though I ordered NO RICE with my bun-less burger (on request...I don't eat the bread), I had to pay $3 for a salad, in addition to the $8.99 for a burger patty with toppings. I should have been allowed to substitute for the rice, which was on the side item menu - I wanted to substitute another side item, but was told I could not. I had the entree burger which came with chili, cheese, and sour cream. The chili was just okay. The burger was a bit overcooked and small.
The next evening, I ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger, which was supposed to come with chips, but again I opted for the $3 salad at a lack of better options. The price for what equaled LESS food than the menu description came out $12++ each time, which again, was just too much for the food I received. For those who don't have special diets, this might be a good place, but please don't forget to offer good value for others too.

Alabama
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Okay, it is a bar, but the meal we had was excellent. My burger was perfect, as was the fried corn. My wife ordered the tempura style chicken with roasted garlic rice and it was outstanding. Service was great, which is a pleasant contrast to one horrid waitress we often time got.

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Local Brew Pub”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stopped in later in the evening and had the mountainous order of nachos and local micro brews. All including service was excellent. Don't miss it.

Visited August 2014
Fairhope, AL
“Great beer great food”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is the prototypical bar and food place. Old fashioned booths down the left side and a bar on the right side. They brew their own beer and have several other choices available. There is often a "chalkboard special' that has not disappointed in 3 visits.
If you like a noisy, old-timey bar and grill with good service this is the place.

Waynesville
“Stuffed with delight! :)”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Husband and I shared wings and nachos. Yummy! This is our first time in here. The wings sauce was really tasty and the nachos, crunchy spicy and sweet. Delish! We'll be back for beer battered chicken tenders and a Burger!
As far as the atmosphere... It is a bar... It's dark and voices carry. Reading other reviews, who would take their children into a bar anyway??? This is not a family restaurant. It's a perfect couples and friends spot!
The staff was nothing less then nice... with smiles to boot! :)

1 Thank MrsGales71