“Delightful surprise”

Clyde's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Clyde's is an older family restaurant that we found by accident quite a few years ago! It's approximately a little over one hour from our home! It's perfect to stop there for breakfast when we leave home to visit family in the Petersburg, VA area! It's a short way off HWY 74/123 AT EXIT 98! Our many breakfast stops have always been a delight! Last week we were headed back south late in the afternoon and decided to stop at Clyde's for an early dinner! As we entered the restaurant I immediately spied a huge, beautiful tomato, quartered and stuffed full of what appeared to be Tuna salad! I couldn't find it on the menu so I asked our waitress and she said they had it but it wasn't on the menu yet! I immediately ordered it, and it was wonderful! Excellent Tuna salad and the largest and most tasteful tomato I've had this year! I topped it off with a delicious slice of Coconut cream pie, that was to die for! Folks, Clyde's is old, it's not hip, it's loud, and it's always busy, but the food is well worth the stop! It's certainly one of my favorites and I can highly recommend it! By the way, the service is very polite and efficient and makes the meal more pleasurable! I truly love it! Try it the next time you're in that area and surprise yourself!
Bob Perkins
Hayesville, NC

Reviewed 10 June 2014

"best breakfast in the area" was what I was told by the hotel clerk, and I can see why. Delicious food at a good price - big portions too. I had the Chicken fried steak breakfast. Clean and very fast service. Defininately would eat here again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Huge menu. Great fried chicken at a good price. I saw how full the parking lot was and now I know why.

1  Thank normalfolks
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Food came hot and yummy. Love my omelet with chunks of ham and vegetables instead of thin deli ham. Only gave 3 stars because bathrooms are much in need of remodeling. Guess the locals can go home to theirs instead. Great place otherwise.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is our every Sunday morning breakfast spot. All you can eat pancakes (that start with 3 huge pancakes) for $4.99! And they are delicious! Coffee is great. Old time place; perfect for our new tradition. Look forward to the next Sunday from the moment I take the last bite!