“Good value for the price”
Review of Kobe Express

Kobe Express
Ranked #29 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The service was friendly and prompt, and our food arrived quickly. The waitresses were not dressed as geishas as one reviewer mentioned, so that must have changed. The portions were very generous and quite reasonably priced. We had hibachi dishes so I can't comment on the sushi. I would say the food reminds me of Japanese at a mall food court, decent, but certainly not gourmet, but I would go back and try it again.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Out of the way and hard to find but well worth the effort. Family run, diverse menu, well prepared. I had a jumbo shrimp dish and the serving of shrimp was generous with a memorable sauce. I would certainly go back.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I had some sushi at this place which was below average to average at best. There was a bit of a wait. Service was average, our waitress took forever to refill drinks and didn't seem to check back on us once the food was delivered. Also, I found the WHITE FACE geisha paint with cheesy kimono attire a little unsettling especially when my server had a country accent, "Hey ya'll..." I think a proper uniform or something simple like black pants would suffice. If it were a soul food restaurant would the servers wear black face?

Reviewed 26 October 2013

My first visit to Kobe Express for lunch. We were seated quickly and we were able to place our order soon after being seated. Which was nice since we were on our lunch break and were under a time limitation. The waitress was very friendly. The food was nice an hot (heat not spice) when it arrived at the table and was very filling. It was a nice change for lunch.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Personally I lobe Kobe restraunt. The food (Teriyaki Chicken is my usual plate) is excellent, the service is very good, and the atmosphere is very okay (may need a little work). I go to Kobe on a daily basis and always enjoy it, also it is very very very inexpensive. Would you rather have a kids meal at Zaxbys or a full plate of Japanesse food at Kobe? Please keep doing what your doing and I will keep coming back.

1  Thank Austinsc1000