“GOING AGAIN” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BearWaters Brewing Company

BearWaters Brewing Company
Ranked #34 of 115 Restaurants in Waynesville
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The BearWaters Brewing Company climate controlled taproom is a great place to hang with family and friends year round. New to the area, no worries our people are friendly, helpful and welcoming. We feature 10 of our great signature and rotating beers on tap at all times. You can start with one of our sampling flight paddles, or enjoy both pints and 1/2 pints as well. If you are looking for something on the go, we offer growler fills. We are a family friendly location that offers both craft products and soft drinks and snacks. Our venue includes both indoor and outdoor space for you and your pets. Come enjoy our state of the art sound system that allows us to feature many great local musicians to come and showcase their talents and original works. We offer special event space rental for private parties and corporate functions.
Deltona, Florida
“GOING AGAIN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is now called BEARWATERS BREWERY.
It is located a quarter mile or less behind the Sagebrush Steak Restaurant in a small industrial/warehouse area.
Besides the remarkably excellent home brewed beer this place place is a rarity for allowing you to bring your pet inside on a leash while enjoying some cold brew.
No food is served here so eat before you come!
The owner, Melanie. was very friendly and makes you feel right at home. I am only sorry we will not be here for the big Oktober Fest she is having at BEARWATERS next month.
Nothing fancy here but a relaxing atmosphere with a small band on weekends and some outstanding cold beer.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike D

Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“Local brews our favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great local brews and enjoy the laid-back environment. There are bands usually on weekends that are def interesting. The red beer is my fav while my husband enjoys the heftier ones.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank suzwah
Honea Path, South Carolina
“Hot dogs better than the beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

As an IPA lover I am pretty critical of beers. They have 2 pretty good ones here, but they aren't quite where they need to be. They lack the great aroma of a truly great IPA. This microbrewery has the 2nd best IPAs in town. The Pale ale here is a better pale ale than their IPAs are IPAs. I am told their Hefe is pretty good as well, but I'm a real beer drinker. They have a long way to go on their ESB. A really good ESB is hard to come by. They should pick up a growler from Blue Ridge Brewing in Greenville, SC to compare. In my opinion, it is the only good one in the Carolinas. Hot dogs are awesome here!

Visited July 2013
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“We love Bearwaters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Dog friendly and the kind of place you just want to hang out at, Bearwaters is one of the places my husband and I go to have a beer with friends. They have a few snacks (pretzels, hot dogs) if you're really hungry but they also don't care if you bring your own food. We recently celebrated my birthday there, bringing in pizza and cake for the 20 or so people who stopped in with us. We've even been part of a chili cook-off/ murder mystery party with a large group there. Bearwaters always does their best to occomodate us and they just make great beer.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Courtney D
Tallahassee, Florida
“Bearwaters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

As others have noted, Headwaters is now Bearwaters. Which I actually think is a cooler name. Either way, great bar, great atmosphere and seriously great beer. I've never had a microbrew stout as good as a macro. Which is weird, since micro anything usually beats macro. But Bearwaters broke the streak. Their stout is as good as any brewed anywhere.
Bearwaters is like Cheers on steroids. I walked in not knowing anyone, and walked saying goodbye to room full of more friends than strangers. One of them was the headbrewer, who not only talked beer, but also told me how to tackle Asheville like an expert.

• Visited June 2013