“The Worst Experience Ever!!!”

Sagebrush Steakhouse
Ranked #50 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sagebrush is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on hand-cut steaks. We also offer award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers, homemade desserts and a full bar. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had to wait for at least 20 min while there were many tables empty and clean. It did not get any better from this point. It took forever for our waiter to get around to us. And when he finally arrived at our table he was complaining about other tables. We placed our order and waited, and waited, and waited (w/3kids I might add). While we waited we asked several people for cheese bread. We were told it was in the oven, and would be out shortly. We watched multiple times as bread passed our table, and was given to others who had been seated after us. When the food finally came it was lukewarm and not very good. Our waiter finally showed up at the end of our meal, and refilled our drinks but still did not bring the bread. He brought the bread with our check, and I guess he heard the irritation in my voice. Another waiter returned with our change, and gave me $21.00 in ones without apology. Also, the manager greeted all the tables around us, but passed us over. I always leave a tip, but this time I folded up my 21 ones and walked out the door (with burnt cheese bread I might add). A dog would have received better service than our family on this outing.

1  Thank Buddy B

Reviewed 24 March 2014

love the value and the service. had great food every time and like the whole place. atmosphere is fine as well. Has a nice bar and just great steaks and salmon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I wasn't all that excited about this restaurant. After being seated, one of my first observations was, "this place could use a good cleaning." I had the small 5 or 6 oz. sirloin, which was okay. I ordered it medium rare, but had to send it back for additional cooking as it was really rare. The quality of the steak was okay, but nothing special. Had some tough spots, but altogether not too bad. Service was okay and we were well attended to, however, I think it's a bit overpriced, as the food quality is not the best. Okay maybe for lunch, but won't go out of my way to eat here again.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was recently at Sagebrush with my wife. Since there was a few minutes wait for a table, we decided to sit at the bar, have a drink, and eat dinner there. It was comfortable and the bar tender was friendly and prompt. We ordered a small plate of onion straws, which are very good at Sagebrush, and then split an order of barbequed ribs. We got the barbeque sauce on the side so we could dip the ribs as we wanted, and they were very good. Not the best I've ever had, but very good. The bar offers different drink specials each day at extremely reasonable prices, actually much lower than you would find normally. Sagebrush is a very enjoyable place to have a meal, and we have always enjoyed the food they serve.

1  Thank gdt655
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Been here numerous times and never got my steak right. How hard is it to cook a medium rare steak? Manager had to cook my steak after third time I had to send it back. Poor wait staff. Took 30 minutes to refill wifes drink. Never offered desert. Saw waiter twice whole meal. During state of emergencies they make employees come in or fire them, even though it s impossible to drive. Never eat here. Horrible food and horrible management.