“Awesome stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waynesville
The Windover Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
“Awesome stay!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

One of the best B&Bs you will stay in as they pay attention to the little details. The grounds and the hosts are superb!

Rooms: I stayed in the Atlantic room which was quite roomy. The mattress was comfortable. There are three floors to this B&B so a lot of folks can stay here. During the night I could hear folks going up and down the stairs because my room was right next to the stairs. It wasn’t a huge issue, but one of the suites would make a better choice. I did see both suites on the 2nd floor thanks to gracious peer travelers who wanted to show off their room and the other room was empty. Each of the suites is quite spacious and has their own sweet charm.

Bathrooms: The bathroom was quite clean and had everything that I needed.

Breakfast: I needed to eat breakfast earlier than their 9AM breakfast time and Jen and Glenn were more than happy to accommodate. (They also offer to serve you breakfast in your room if you prefer it there.) Coffee is served at 7AM in a common area on each floor which is fabulous since I am an early riser and a coffee drinker. The breakfast was bountiful and absolutely delicious. I ended up having breakfast with another couple who I ended up having a lot in common with which made the morning absolutely perfect.

Common Areas: (sitting areas inside / outside) The porch outside is HUGE! It has a lot of places where you can sit and relax. You can also walk the property and take in the beauty of the garden. It is a great place to absolutely unwind. There is also a den with various board games to play.

Things to do at the B&B: Read a book on the front porch, relax in the hammock, walk around the garden, or play scrabble in the common room.

Extra Amenities: (packages?, afternoon tea / wine & cheese, concierge service) When you arrive you are greeted by Jen and Glenn who offer you a tour of the B&B, but who also give you a cookie! That is always a winning combination! On their Web site they talk about other “special touches” that they do on the weekends.

Attitudes of the Inn Keepers: Jen and Glenn make it clear from the very beginning that they are there to make your stay at their B&B a memorable one. They are the perfect B&B hosts as they are there for you when you need them but out of the way when you need your privacy. When I was touring with them they asked me about my plans for the evening and during my stay in Waynesville. As I was heading out for dinner Glenn stopped me and handed me two maps: one with directions to dinner and one with directions to the spot I was meeting someone the next morning. I was overwhelmed!

Cleanliness: The Inn is very clean and very well maintained.

Surrounding environment: (smoking / non-smoking, closeness to other guests) The outside of the B&B makes you feel like you have all of the space in the world to spread out and just “be.” My room, however, made me feel a little too close to others because it was by the stairs. However, it was one of the smallest rooms in the inn if not the smallest.

Proximity to things to do: It is close to downtown and many things to do in the mountains of North Carolina.

Restaurants: Waynesville has a lot of amazing restaurants. You will not leave disappointed!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I surprised my husband with a long weekend to The Windover Inn Bed and Breakfast. we needed to re-connect and get away since we have been married for 14 years and never had a honeymoon or gone away. We traveled 3.5 hours to get to the B&B which is nestled in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains in NC. We arrived to a warm welcome by Jen and Glenn. They gave us a tour of their beautiful home. We stayed from July 3-6th. We stayed in the Pacific Suite. It was gorgeous and very clean. We had the bedroom with a king bed and a beautiful fireplace and a sitting room that also had a fireplace and beautiful antique couch. It also had a 2 person whirlpool tub and a small table with 2 chairs. We opted to have breakfast in our room every morning. We awakened to the smell of gourmet food cooking and it was delicious!! The grounds are gorgeous and includes a couple of outdoor tables and chairs, a fire pit with comfortable Adirondack chairs, a gazebo with a chair swing and my husband and my favorite, a 2 person hammock back in the garden. We would just lay there listening to nature and swinging and just relax for an hour or so. They also had menus for the local restaurants and where they are and if you needed reservations and had so much information on things to do in the area. We had a relaxing weekend with wonderful care from the owners. We do plan on going back again and trying one of the other suites. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to get away from reality for a couple of days. It was well worth the money we spent. Thank you Jen and Glenn for making this a special weekend for us to remember. Jeffrey and Denise Woods

Room Tip: We loves the Pacific Suite and the 2 person whirlpool tub that we used to relax in after hiking and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise W
Warne, NC
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely, quiet B&B close to downtown Waynesville. Comfortable and spacious room, delicious breakfast. We regularly stay at B&Bs and would stay at The Windover Inn again. The Innkeepers were very helpful in giving us information about local restaurants, the area in general, etc.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Calhoun, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First impression was that we were in for an excellent stay and we were not disappointed! The grounds and gardens were manicured and the Inn was in extremely well maintained. The attention to detail started when we made our reservation and Jen asked us if we had any special requirements or preferences. We were welcomed with a grand tour of the facilities and a Happy Anniversary banner over our door. Our suite was large and well appointed, and as has been mentioned, the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. We have stayed in many B & B over the years but this is by far the best one! We will stay there again hopefully in the very near future.

Room Tip: The Smokey Mountain Suite is Very roomy and quiet. Has large windows for great view of the grounds.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ann D
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The attention to detail and perfection that the owner-operators devote to Windover Inn is beyond belief.
We stayed there after arriving from an all-day drive from Washington, D.C. Our every request was accommodated with a smile like Glenn and Jen were old friends.
The gardens are stunning, the rooms are spotless and contain every amenity, the beds are 5-star, the breakfast is haute cuisine, etc., etc.
If this is not the best B & B in the world, it is certainly one of them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank warren m
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Excellence in all respects! Gardens and grounds are worth the trip. The hosts have not overlooked any detail--every amenity available. Our room was immaculate , comfortable , quiet
and so restful. Glenn and Jen are a great team; Glenn's breakfast creations are not to be missed .Hope to use as base for family reunion in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Everything from the gardens, breakfast, and room was absolute perfection. The inn was immaculate, breakfast was sooooo good. As others have written, Glenn and Jen are so very good at what they do! They made us feel welcome and comfortable and took care of every detail! If we return to the area, we would love to stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#6 of 19 in Waynesville
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Windover Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!