“A Real Gem on the Parkway”

Pisgah Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: .
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“A Real Gem on the Parkway”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had been told by several people in Brevard that this place was something we shouldn't miss. Boy, were they right. The food and service were wonderful. We had the local trout po' boy sandwiches, which were large, tasty and al together wonderful. And the view was spectacular. The restaurant is built on the side of the mountain, and there is nothing between diners and an incredible view of ridge after ridge after ridge fading into the distance. This is a Must Stop.

1 Thank twinroy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stuart, Florida
“Surprise Experience on the Blue Ridge Pky - Food”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Note I'm reviewing the food separate from the inn stay, but both make this an experience to remember.

Being the only restaurant within 15 driving miles, 137 campsite and almost 100 inn rooms, you would expect a busy fast food mentality. You find the absolute opposite. I reviewed our free breakfast that we got with our room stay as part of my inn review. Here I will describe the experience we had with dinner.

As expected there was a wait for a table. Anywhere from a half hour to an hour. The dining room itself with wide views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, urges no one to leave quickly. And from what we saw of the staff the following morning, each we gracious hosts and were in no rush to make people leave. And in the end you are on mountain time. (I cover service in my Inn review.)

While you waited, you had a choice of sitting in a small lobby, visiting the gift shop or to wait outside. Our choice was to wait outside and sit in one of the dozen rocking chairs looking out over the mountains. A small bar was set outside where one could purchase a beer or a wine to enjoy with the view. The bartender mentioned that for those on deck, he could even organize a tray with appetizers. We simply enjoyed our view with a nice beer.

In the end we decided to have dinner in our room as our little one slept. With a private balcony overlooking the mountains, why not. Our takeout order was ready in under 20 minutes. We had an appetizer of Southern Corn Fritters which sounded interested and was a crisp exterior surrounding a creamy corn filling that burst with flavor. I started my meal with a house salad which included sunflower seed and dried cranberries. As my main course I had the Carolina Pork Scampi which was two lightly breaded pork filet covered with an earthy mushroom sauce. My wife had the Twin Herb Marinated Quail, she remarked how juicy the quail and the sauce simply enhanced its flavor.

For two our meal was about $45. Add another $20 for drinks. Had we had this meal anywhere else, it would have been twice that and we would have paid happily. The view was an added bonus.

• Visited July 2014
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

What a day! We enjoyed the gorgeous mountain views on the Blue Ridge Parkway as we headed towards this very popular inn and restaurant. We arrived around 3:00pm. Place was packed. We wanted to have dinner. We discovered that if we waited until 4:00pm, we could put our name in a first come first serve list for a 5:00pm seating. We were #1 and set for a window table.

We went outside on the deck, sat in rocking chairs enjoying the mountain views, sipping wine that we purchased from Ben, the bartender. Ben is the perfect person for this position. He really cares about his guests of all ages, even the furry ones. It was a hot day and a couple had their dog. Ben yelled over asking if they would like him to get the dog a bowl of water, and they did. Later, when no chairs were available, he went inside and brought back a dining room chair for an elderly lady. My hat is off to him!

We were promptly seated at 5:00pm, a window table with an amazing view. Don was our waiter. We held off on our main course to enjoy two shared appetizers, corn fritters and fried green tomato's. Both were great. We could have left then, but we wanted to have an entree. My wife got the cold veggie wrap. Huge! I ordered the fresh trout. Largest trout I have ever had, and clearly, one of the best. Don artfully filleted the fish table-side.

I honestly could not find anything wrong with the entire experience, even if I tried.

We will be going back, with friends, family and visitors.

Mountains of NC
“I really enjoy the whole experience of Pisgah”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the best restaurant on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Open from April - 0ct. It is a great stop if traveling the Parkway, but is also frequented by the "locals" within the area.
Nice campground, the Inn is well worth it but must be booked way in advance. The restaurant has a menu that begins with basic southern cooking ($8-10) and goes on the higher end to prime rib, filet mignon, etc.($20-25). They have a decent wine list and several superb desserts. All this plus 180 degree, 30 mile views of the Blue Ridge mountains throughout the restaurant.
The drive up from Asheville, Waynesville or Brevard is a lovely ,leisurely 2 hour drive with dozens of overlooks. Well worth one visit or multiple trips up if in the local area.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank wm_lockman
“awesome”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great view and service. I had the pork chop and found everthing to be delicious. Ate breakfast in the morning as well. Loved the staff and food