“Good view, good food, good service”

Pisgah Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: .
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Went with another couple for lunch. Had about a 20-30 minute wait as we wanted a window table. Looked around the gift shop and then sat on the terrace with a beautiful view. Glad we waited. The corner table view was beautiful. Connie was our waitress and was very good at making food suggestions and was attentive to us. Ordered the fried pickles. Was not crazy about them as they were spicy to me. I ordered the chicken pot pie and it was sooooo good. Huge pastry on top of it and it was flaky and added to the enjoyment of the pie. Husband ordered the beet salad. It was very large. I do not care for beets but the rest of the salad was very good. Meal was a little pricey but not sorry we went.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Been going to the Pisgah Inn for almost 20 years as an anniversary date and for other special occasions. Not a fancy place, but homey. Motel is clean and comfortable with every room having a great view of Blue Ridge Mountains. restaurant serves outstanding food- not gourmet, but consistently tasty, varied and an excellent value. Wait staff is really good- attentive, but not overly so, helpful, and friendly. Having a birthday there can be an experience! One of the waitstaff, Jerry, sings opera, and his rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" is an experience to be treasured. Was there today, will be back again this season (They are open April through October), and at least three times next year. Love the food, love the staff, love the location, milepost 410 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had dinner on Sunday (spouse, myself, and three kids). This place sits at 5000 ft on the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway. The restaurant itself overlooks a valley. They also have an inn here that is very busy. The location of this place is within 10-12 miles from some of the most incredible waterfalls i have seen. If you are visiting some of these falls, i would strongly recommend you end your day here at this beautiful vista for an excellent meal.The view from the dining area is absolutely breathtaking and worth the trip.

Again, the meal itself was excellent. I would highly recommend the porkchop with apple chutney. The mountain trout stuffed with blue crab was absolutely amazing. The mountain trout was fresh and from the area. My mac n cheese kid helped with my quail. She pretty much ate the whole thing much to my dismay. I think it was pretty good.

I saw the desserts and they looked excellent. We didn't get there though, as the portions were very generous and we simply couldn't fit in another bite. My teenagers words...

My only caution would be this - look at the mountain before you head up there. If you can't see blue sky, you probably won't be able to up there either; moreover, you may be sitting in a cloud as you eat. That was fun for us and definitely a new experience but the trip back down the mountain on the winding road in essentially dense fog was a tad stressful. But...I would do it again. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I decided to enjoy a beautiful day, so we drove about 40 minutes from Waynesville, NC to the Pisgah Inn, located at MM 408.6 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Some outstanding views, including the highest elevation of more than 6,000 feet. Also numerous trail heads along the parkway for short, medium or longer hikes. There are even some trail heads leading from the parking lot of the Pisgah Inn which are good for in/out hikes of varying lengths.

The restaurant does not take reservations and they will not tell you, but once you arrive, you can put your name on a list at the hostess stand and they will call your name when the restaurant opens.....11:30 ET for lunch. First ones to sign up get window seats! The restaurant gets crowded, so it's good to be there before it opens and get your name on the list, particularly in summer and fall. (http://www.pisgahinn.com/dining_and_banquet_facilities.htm)

We had a server named Connie, and she was a pleasure, very prompt, attentive, and friendly. My wife decided on their chicken pot pie, which comes with one side, and she chose the cole slaw. The pot pie has a huge, very light and airy, pastry on top, and filled with plenty of chicken and vegetables. My wife really liked the cole slaw as well. I had the walnut crusted fresh mountain trout, which is a specialty of the restaurant, along with two sides, which I decided on green beans and a garden salad. The salad was plentiful and delicious, with fresh greens, carrots, cranberries, cucumbers, onions, and your choice of dressings. The 1000 island was very good. I love trout, and this has to be one of the best pieces of trout I've ever had. The walnut crust was very light and delicious, and the serving was more than adequate. The trout was meaty and cooked perfectly. My wife decided on a dessert of a flour-less chocolate cake accompanied by vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and sliced strawberries. A great finale to a wonderful meal. The restaurant also serves a variety of beers and wines.

If you're looking for a partial day trip, an overnight trip, or a hike, plan to include the Pisgah Inn Restaurant on your itinerary. It is a great restaurant and the mountain views are second to none. One note of caution, the difference in temperatures from Waynesville, NC to Mt. Pisgah is about 10+ degrees cooler, so dress accordingly.

1  Thank gdt655
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had breakfast and dinner for Sunday night through Thursday breakfast while we stayed at the Pisgah Inn. The complementary breakfast is adequate, with some variety. Scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, toast, oatmeal, cereal, pancakes. You may also order from the expanded breakfast menu, paying the regular price I believe. Dinner had a wide variety of choices that are very good, along with specials depending on the season. If you want to be seated at the window, you need to come early or be prepared to wait. On very busy nights/weekends you may have long wait for a table. Early to mid-week around the 1st of August we had no problems with seating. The service is very good to excellent depending on the server. All were above average and very nice. A gift shop adjoins the restaurant along with a viewing deck that looks across the valley.