“Small but packs a big punch”
Review of Chef's Table

Chef's Table
Ranked #2 of 120 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“Small but packs a big punch”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A little crowded but exceptional food and service. Started with Caesar Salad with perfect amount of dressing...quite tasty. Then I had the deconstructed lasagne...wow! Truly delicious...and an ample serving. My wife had the group and it was amazing. Appetizers and desserts looked great but we had more than enough to eat with salad and entrees. Make a reservation for sure.

• Visited July 2014

Daytona Beach, Florida
“What an incredible farm-fresh meal we enjoyed!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We have had very good results with trip-advisor throughout out travels. This restaurant hit the jackpot! Grilled romaine salad grilled with bacon and a balsamic dressing started our meal . Then we had the chicken with a prune purée and goat cheese. My husband had the pasta, which was the best!
the service was pleasant and prompt. Bravo to Chef Josh!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Different Menu”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We chose The Chef's Table for dinner because it is so highly rated on Trip Advisor. We made a reservation and we were seated without delay. We found our waitress to be infomed and pleasant. She immediately told us they were out of the pistachio encrusted trout which had been my first choice. I ordered the pan-fried grouper with piccata sauce, risotto and asparagus. I cook grouper on a fairly regular basis so I am well acquainted with its look and taste. In this case, the small size, flatness and fish-shape led me to believe it was farm-raised and quite young. To be perfectly honest, the fish was so heavily coated, sauced and thin the taste of grouper was completely obliterated. The risotto was quite good. The vegtable consisted of four thin spears of asparagus so I was glad I ordered the huge grilled romaine salad which made up for the almost non-existant vegetable. My spouse ordered the deconstructed lasagna. He was quite surprised by the large beef tenderloin hidden under the fresh pasta, spinach and cheddar-parmesean cream sauce. It was different, but tasty. If you are looking for classic lasagna then this dish is not for you. His house salad was a good size and fresh. I might return to this restaurant, but it would not be tops on my list...Waynesville has a number of other options I would like to try.

• Visited June 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Upscale and delicious!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Love the grilled salad. Great wine list. Fantastic *special* place in Waynesville. Always something new and delectable to try!

Visited November 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
“Excellent food prepared by the owner”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We chose this restaurant because of the Trip Advisor having it as #1 and this was spot on. Everything is prepared just for you by the chef/owner. I eat gluten free and they had several entrees to chose from and the chef would adjust other dishes to be gluten free if possible. I had a 1/2 Crispy Duck with a sweet cherry sauce over a bed of mashed potatoes and asparagus. My husband had a freshly made pasta dish, BLT shrimp Alfredo which he loved. He even took some bread to get that last bit of sauce. We shared a flour less chocolate torte that was to die for. I highly recommend a trip to Waynesville if only to eat at Chef's Table. The chef also owns a farm where most of his meat and produce come from.

• Visited July 2014