“The best BBQ & sides ever!”
Review of Haywood SmokeHouse

Haywood SmokeHouse
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Here at the Haywood Smokehouse we do things the old way, sometimes the hard way to deliver to you a unique and authentic Smokehouse experience.
“The best BBQ & sides ever!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've lived here for over 8 years and never ate here until recently. I highly recommend it to everyone. They have 6 different bbq sauces you can check out. I went with the sweet red and it was delicious. And the sides are to die for. We tried them all between the 4 of us: baked beans, collard greens, mac & cheese, potato salad and coleslaw. Every one of them were awesome and tasted like homemade, not like your run-of-the-mill restaurant made. I will definitely be back!

Visited April 2014

Southern Indiana
“Great BBQ Chicken”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

BBQ chicken carryout was delicious. I'll do that again.
Also tried Brunswick Stew, but won't do that again. Too much tomato flavor for my (admittedly nostalgic) preference. But the real issue was it being way too greasy.
Service to a walk-in customer was cheerful, friendly, and very speedy.
I look forward to returning here to try out some of the other creative menu options.
I love to support local businesses and this one deserves that support!

• Visited April 2014
nc
“Great Brisket from a BBQ Veteran!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Haywood Smokehouse is a new restaurant opened by a veteran of the BBQ circuits. A wide variety of meats are smoked onsite and everything is homemade. I am a fan of the Texas brisket, collard greens and burnt end beans. I don't have experience with much of the menu as I can't seem to venture beyond these favorites. The pecan pie is delicious although they sell out nightly.
They also offer many homemade, offbeat sauces such as Strawberry Chipotle, GA Fire, and S.O.B. (South of the Border) in addition to typical NC sauces.
The restaurant is off the beaten path but worth a visit when in the area.

• Visited February 2014