“Looking forward to visiting again.”
Review of The Sweet Onion

The Sweet Onion
Ranked #4 of 124 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The twist on the onion soup was delicious as well as the lemongrass salad dressing. Feast on the cheese biscuits. They were amazing. My husband and I both had the trout - mmmmm.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food was very good and our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and specials, we'll surely return when we're back in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Second time here. We had just driven 5 hours to get to Waynesville and wanted something casual. The restaurant was packed but we were able to sit at the bar to eat. Good menu, good food and a good bartender. Just read the fine print on the menu as to what type of food you are eating. The ingredients can be misleading as to what type of food although what we had was still very good.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Everything here was top notch! I ordered the weinerchnitzel and my friend had the crab cakes. There are several side dishes to choose from, from the fried okra, to cheese grits, to a lighter cucumber and tomato salad. The cheese biscuits that come with the meal are delicious, as well. If you are there in the summer, be sure to make reservations...otherwise plan on a wait. Service was very good. Although we waited a bit for our server to come to our table to start, she was on top of things after that. This is the only restaurant I ate at while in Waynesville, so I have nothing else to compare it to in that area...but I'd say it would be tough to top the excellent experience I had at The Sweet Onion.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

arrived with a party of 9 and no reservation. they managed to get us a table together and Chloe did an amazing job of serving us. crispy fried onions and apple crisp were my favorites.