“Location, location, location”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Dalton, United States
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Well kept facility in a great location for trips to the NC mountains. Friendly & helpful staff. Peaceful setting with a great view. Easy access to mountain highways & I-40. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Charles M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
St Johns, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is an old motel, but always kept up well. The rooms are plain, but beds are comfortable. Great staff, location and comfort. The motel is quiet with benches outside to sit and read or look at the mountains. We always stay here. Good location, easy to get to Asheville or Cherokee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

OK I was thinking this would be a nice hotel to stay at from all the reviews I seen on here but I was wrong I made my reservation with my local AAA office for a non smoking room I checked in didn't feel very invited when I checked in me and my wife and my 4 year old went to our room we about passed out from the smoke smell in the room I call to the office to tell them this is not what I asked for she said I will have to see if any non smoking rooms are left she got me one but she was some what rude about it we did get a call from the front desk asking if everything was OK now but still we would never go back!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Garrett A
Seagrove, NC
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Good value, rooms are clean and comfortable. Pretty close to downtown Waynesville. The staff is attentive and they offer a nice spot. It is just a short drive to downtown. I was there for the gem show in Franklin and it is an easy drive to the show, and we were able to dine in Waynesville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank NCJeweler
OLYMPIA
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Angela, the desk clerk at the Best Western Waynesville, North Carolina, was extremely helpful in helping us to resolve our problem with the Best Western booking service. We had made a reservation for this hotel in the morning while we were traveling I-26 from Charleston, SC. The BW booking website wouldn't let us proceed with the booking, so we finally had to call their toll free number and book our room on the telephone. When we arrived at Waynesville, we discovered that they didn't have our reservation, our confirmation number wasn't helping, and BW booking had failed to email us a confirmation number like they promised. Angela first called the booking service and they put her on hold for twenty minutes. We couldn't find out where they had booked the room. Angela then called other BW Hotels in the area and they had no reservations fo us either. I was getting frantic because, even though we had started this process well before the 4:00 pm notification time to cancel a room, we were still trying to find in which BW Hotel they had booked us.
After about 45 minutes of calls and waiting for the booking service to take Angela off of hold, we found that they had booked us in some place called Greensbourogh that was on the opposite side of the state. I didn't even know that there was such a place since this was the first time in my life that I had been in North Carolina. The booking service told her that they couldn't cancel the reservation since it was now just after 4:00 pm. Angela went to bat for me, explained the situation and insisted that I should not be charged for the BW booking error. Alas, her effort was to no avail and they insisted in talking to me directly which Angela arranged. Essentially, the lady on the other end of the phone made me feel like they thought that I was somehow trying to beat them out of a legitimate booking at the other hotel. She said that I would have to pay the Greenbourough bill but that they would open an investigation and get back to me in a few days. I demanded to talk to a supervisor and that was squelched with the explanation that she was busy and would have to call me back. After being on hold until after the 4 pm canceltion deadline, and the attitude from the booking agent that I were nothing more than a deceiving customer, I really doubted that they would be calling me back. I was about to go elsewhere and never use Best Western again.
Back at Waynesville, Angela was very sympathetic and assured me that they could find a room that could meet our needs. We were provided a room on the end of the building with a king bed that was surprisingly quiet considering there is a freeway at the bottom of the hill. The room was large and well appointed just the way I thought I had ordered one earlier in the day. The hotel has a beautiful view of Waynesville. They only have a continental breakfast, but there was plenty of good coffee. After the experience with the BW booking service, I might never have stayed in a Best Western again had it not been for Angela. In fact, we did book our next night at a BW in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, but that is another story.

2 Thank 98502
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place is lovely, clean,quiet, unusually comfortable with good lighting and table and chairs even. Everything worked! Little bench outside the door to sit in the evening till the security lights came on. Convenient to the Smokey Mountain National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Lovely setting.

1 Thank stubby_traveler
wilson, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Motorcycle friendly. Wonderful hotel with a great staff. . We planned a week of riding and stopped because of rain, Only planned to stay one night, one turned into two because the hotel was so comfortable. The view alone made the hotel worth the price.The stay was perfect (I don't give that praise lightly) not one problem. The room was clean and fresh. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. My husband was able to get milk at 3am from the front desk. Best hotel we stayed in the out of the seven we visited that week.

1 Thank Catherine R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!