“Friendly staff & comfortable bed - great value and beautiful views!”

Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The views from this Best Western are amazing! We arrived at night, while it was raining, so it was a lovely treat to wake up to such beautiful views from the parking area! I was in town attending a conference, and this was a great place to stay.
The rooms was spacious and clean, and the bed was VERY comfortable! I didn't try the pool, but I wish I had - maybe next time. I would certainly stay here again if I was in the area.
My only complaint is one that is very typical in many hotel rooms - the air conditioner/heating unit was located below the window, and it blew up and behind the curtains, and as much as I tried, I could not prevent this from happening. This was a bit annoying, but not a major problem.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was in the area for a triathlon and was fortunate to book a room via Priceline at the Best Western. I paid $100 for a Saturday night stay and was very happy with the property. It was not fancy but the rooms were good size with a refrigerator and nice tv. The property was clean and well maintained. Fast check in and the management was considerate enough to put out the breakfast at 5 AM since we had a 7:30 AM start time. Lots of restaurants nearby near the mall. Downtown Waynesville is a 5 minute drive away. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Not sure why some of the reviews are negative. The room we stayed in (216) had new furniture, was very clean and the beds were outstanding! My son said it was the best mattress he had ever slept on! The staff were very friendly and made our short stay very pleasant! Some stated motel was very basic, and I say, if you want a 4 star hotel then pay for one! This motel is not that so some of these reviews are not fair. Moved my daughter into college this past weekend and the motel was very convenient! Will stay here again!!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We love to stay here and prefer it over the Dillsboro Best Western. It is always super clean and the beds are comfortable. Angie was great when we checked - we had a gift card and at times they seem to present a problem on line but she was great and get it done quickly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I live in the area and needed a night away with my sweety- this was perfect! Very nice, clean room- comfortable king bed, everything worked, wi-fi was great (I am used to poor or iffy service living in the mtns myself usually from weather, since the weather was great so was the wi-fi). The views from this place are really great-should have brought my camera! Everyone was VERY nice...it was just a great stay! Oh and even though I booked a smoking room-it did NOT reek! The smell was faint and no nasty stale smoke smell from the a/c! I even expect it-smoke just permeates everything but the housekeeping and maintenance staff must be very diligent because it was soooo much better than I expected!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Pros: My room was very clean, and staff were pleasant. Breakfast was adequate, but nothing particularly special about it. Funky-shaped shower. Great wifi connectivity.

Con: Bed was very "fluffy" ( a pillow-top mattress, perhaps?) Could be a positive for some, but was a definite negative for me, and I did not sleep well at all and woke with a backache. Chairs in the room are very worn, sink down, and are too low for the table, which makes it difficult to use it as a desk for computer work. Even though it has exterior doors, highway noise was not an issue.

Compared to what I usually pay for a comparable or better room, it was not a good value for me, and I will likely not stay here again. But again, it wasn't a bad experience, just not one to rave about, either.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very nice location with great views. Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Price was very reasonable when compared to other motels in the area, Buffet breakfast was very basic but service was good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 8 in Waynesville

Been to Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!