“Private Retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Balsam Mountain View from the porch
Guest bathroom
Laundry room
Porch
April
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

kmik1110
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Private Retreat”
Reviewed 26 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

This house certainly met our expectations. The place is roomy and very comfortable. It has lots of privacy but has a beautiful view of the mountain tops. The king size bed is very comfortable and so are the pillows. I would love to take the comfortable mattress home with me as it is so comfortable. The kitchen is well equipped although we ate out most of our stay. The internet and television reception is excellent. The owner, Kate is so responsive as we had a severe thunder storm during our stay and she texted us to tell us where there were candles and a flashlight as we had lost power for s few hours. The location is convenient to Asheville, Maggie Valley and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I would highly recommend this place and will stay here again in the future. Thanks Kate for sharing your house.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
LPKD
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean, comfortable and no bad surprises.”
Reviewed 18 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

We found the property comfortable and met all of our needs. The guest book had several restaurants that were recommended and we found the recommendations to be very useful. I would stay here again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
DiverRN
Tallahassee
“Best place in Waynesville”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This cabin is beautiful and updated. The kitchen and bathrooms are well stocked. You can feel the owners personal touch and it feels like home. Did I mention the views yet? Incredible! And we got two bedrooms and two baths plus living room and full kitchen for less than a hotel suite would have been. There is room for parking several vehicles, but it requires shuffling to get out. While the cabin is a single level, there is a flight of stairs from the parking area. I can't wait for another chance to stay here again. It was close to Main Street with easy access to town, but still away from the hustle and bustle. I think you will enjoy it.

BrendaW5
Birmingham, Alabama
“Clean and Relaxing”
Reviewed 23 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

In my time I have rented between maybe 50 and 75 vacation rentals and this is the cleanest house I have ever rented. The baseboards were clean, the sink, tub, and toilet in my bath shined. There was no dust in the corners. The view from the deck was beautiful. The kitchen was well supplied. The beds were very comfortable and all bed spreads and furniture was very nice. Could use a little softer toilet tissue and new wall paper on one wall in the living area, but I consider these small things. We were three elderly ladies on a girls only trip. We had two friends from Switzerland visiting that had rented a Country house near Clyde and we had made the trip to visit them. I highly recommend shopping at the Dillard's outlet in Asheville and touring the Biltmore. There is also a discount shoe store down the road from the Biltmore, about 4 blocks that has great prices and more shoes than I have ever seen anywhere. This was my 4th time to tour the Biltmore. We will definitely stay in one of Kate's houses again - very nice, comfortable, and not too expensive. She was so nice to work with, even sent us a text before we arrived to let us know we could check in early, that the house was clean and ready. I highly recommend renting from Kate.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing