“Beautiful wedding venue and great night stay!”

The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road
Ranked #5 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful wedding venue and great night stay!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our good friends were married at the Yellow House this past weekend. It was an absolutely gorgeous venue....beautiful mountain wedding. The front staircase made a perfect backdrop for wedding pictures. My husband and I ended up staying in the Carriage Room that night. Such a beautiful and enormous room! There is a porch with rocking chairs and a HUGE jacuzzi tub. Great place to relax after all the wedding festivities. The breakfast in the morning was delicious.....fruit with cinnimon and some kind of amazing cream followed by even more amazing stuffed french toast. Our whole group was incredibly full and left so happy! My husband and I already when we want to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carriage House but the Sconset was beautiful as well!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We managed to book this the day before staying here based on recommendation from guests at our previous bed and breakfast whilst travelling south down the blue ridge parkway. So glad we did. We arrived tired and slightly frazzled after a long day driving and were just blown away with the property and in particular our room (the carriage house suite). The bath was more like a swimming pool and probably could have fitted all the guests in at one time! Wish we could have stayed more than one night. Shawn is a wonderfully cheerful and easy going host and ensures everyone has everything they need including wine/port and cheese plus lots of other nibbles. The guest kitchen area was extremely well stocked with freshly made cookies and many different drink options. We spent most of our evening talking with other guests we had only just met but felt we had known for years in the communal sitting area. All in all a wonderful experience, would definitely recommend this.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty J
Piedmont, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Great food. They even fixed special food for me as I am gluton free. Pancakes for me was gluton free and great. You get a lot of food. Refrigator in your room with all kinds of drinks. They even brought us a snack tray to our room one day. The staff are all very very nice. The property is beautiful with lots of rockers on porch. They have a hammock under a tree.

Room Tip: No pool but a pond and you could hear the water from our room with door open.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edna W
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My daughter was recently married at the Yellow house. The grounds were perfect for an outdoor wedding and the house was absolutely beautiful. We used the bottom floor the restrooms, rooms to dress and later for the dinner buffet and dessert bar. Porches and many outdoor sitting areas added to the charm. The manager Shawn was priceless and made the day perfect for our daughter. We will be back to stay when we can and would highly recommend the Yellow House to family and friends:)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 787mic
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at the Yellow House B&B for 10days.We were pleased beyond any expectations. Our room was cozy and romantic, it was filled with everything and more, from bathrobes to beverages and snacks in the refrigerator. The Innkeeper and staff were helpful ,efficient ,informative, and always there to fill your needs.
The breakfast were amazing. We ate on the large porch several mornings and also in the main dining room. The music playing thru out the inn was a wonderful treat.
The location is very convenient to downtown Waynesville, what a charming town, great restaurants and shops.
I recommend this inn and hope to revisit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lspencer67
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My wife and I were looking for an anniversary get-away not too far from home (Asheville NC) and through the internet and our Select Registry membership, found this B&B in Waynesville NC, less than 40 minutes away. The location is lovely (well, it's surrounded by truly awesome mountains, just like home) and the property invites you into a world of relaxation from the first moment, with its 5 acres of beautiful gardens with secluded spots, 2 ponds fed by a mountain stream and sitting areas in many quiet places. The inn itself is kept immaculately and has a selection of rooms reflecting different eras and styles, from formal to Caribbean. Every room has a fireplace; some have balconies. The common areas are inviting and comfortable. Breakfast is not for the faint of heart or anyone on weight watchers. There is no choice - it's one item for the day - but Shawn will fix something else if you wish, and has taken care in advance to ask about any dietary restrictions. The inn is close to Waynesville, a charming town with some excellent dining, and a main street with many buildings, now mostly retail locations, that are on the national historic registry. We were reluctant to leave and plan to return.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back, overlooking the lower pond. Sitting on the balcony and enjoying a gla...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, but I knew I did not like them. I am a seasoned traveler, diamond member at Hilton, and had no desire to eat and hang with a bunch of people I did not know in a house. I live in a house. When I get a way, I leave my house to some place cooler. My wife and I were given a couples get away to the Yellow House that our in-laws bought us. With great hesitancy, I drove up the narrow drive.
Bottom line; it was a great weekend, the house was big and beautiful, and the breakfast is simply amazing. We ate one morning with the group in the dining room, and the next morning romantically in our bedroom. The rooms are large, beds were comfy, quite, and I hope sound proof. Grounds are amazing, and the town of Waynesville was charming and has some great restaurants. One night we even planned to stay out a little late and got a taxi to take us into town and back. We even had a chance to play a local golf course which was enjoyable too. I recommend this place and will be back.

Room Tip: Check the website for the different rooms. They have many different types of rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank myalchemy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road? Share your experiences!