“Great time and then more.”

The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road
Ranked #6 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great time and then more.”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Loved it! The room was great, the food was great, the location was great and Sean made us feel very welcome. We even added two of our kids to our reservation after we checked in and it was no problem. We hope to return soon.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lew R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is the second and third time I've been to this wonderful B&B. There are not enough magical words in the English language to describe this place. This trip I stayed three days on my way up to Beech Mountain. I had a large room, with a gas fireplace, king bed, sitting and dinning area, and garden tub. Clean, and lovely! I had breakfast in my room the first two days, scrumptious! Shawn, the Innkeeper, and ultimate host, makes a breakfast to die for! I can coast on the breakfast until dinner, fabulous! The whole staff is great, and you almost feel like you're visiting family.
On my way back home, I stayed two nights. I stayed in a smaller room, but just a beautiful! I had breakfast in the dinning room with other guests both mornings. One couple had been coming for 15 years. I'm not alone in my love of this lovely, wonderful destination!

Room Tip: I've stayed in three different rooms, all superb! I never heard others, or felt like my privacy...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ktsdotcom
ellijay, ga.
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts around the country. This has got to be the most incredible b&b that I've ever been in. Shawn, who is the owner, has taken care of every possible detail. Our room was huge and delightfully appointed. Breakfasts, prepared by Shawn, are delectable. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nogapeach
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We just spent a wonderful six nights at The Yellow House in Waynesville. It was our first time away in ten years and turned out to be our best vacation we ever had. Our suite was perfect-I felt completely pampered with the Jacuzzi tub and the huge fireplace. Shawn, Connie, and the rest of the staff were so attentive and the breakfasts were sublime. We enjoyed the other guests so much and we can't wait for a return visit!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New Bern, NC
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have enjoyed numerous stays in Bed and Breakfast Inns over the years but our stay this past weekend at The Yellow House in Waynesville, NC was truly memorable. This is a fabulous 129 year old house. The amenities were first class and the Innkeeper, Shawn, went out of his way to make our stay as well as all of his guest very comfortable and enjoyable. The breakfast were all excellent, the wine and cheese at 5:00 pm was a nice touch and our suite was clean and very comfortable. Shawn is a great guy with a fabulous sense of humor. He and his staff made our anniversary weekend most enjoyable. We both highly recommend this Inn. Waynesville is a neat little town with lots of interesting shops and some excellent restaurants. The Blue Ridge parkway and Asheville, NC are is close by so there are numerous sights and things to do for enjoyment. We will define lay return to this area and to this fabulous Inn. Thanks again for a great weekend!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert B
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We recently stayed with friends for three delightful nights at the Yellow House. The setting is lovely and the interior warm and cozy. We had the E'Stang suite on the second floor. We had a toasty fireplace and a balcony with great views of the valley and fall colors. Shawn is the perfect host - accommodating, informative, solicitous and pleasant to be with. Breakfasts were superb! Have to give a shout-out to Connie who serves and has been at the Yellow House for many years. We definitely recommend this inn!

Room Tip: Most rooms are on second floor; there is no elevator. Rooms are comfy and roomy with views of woods...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the Yellow House and/or Shawn, the keeper. I had my wedding here the beginning of September. It. Was. Perfect. And it was perfect because of Shawn, his staff and his beautiful grounds. Even though he has staff to take care of the wedding and details, he was present and available throughout the night. He made sure everything was amazing and like I already said, it was perfect. My wedding venue was moved at the very last minute, and I can't believe the Yellow House wasn't our first choice. I can't wait to revisit the Yellow House for our anniversary:)

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
#3 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road? Share your experiences!