“A little bit of Heaven”

The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road
Ranked #5 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2010

From the moment I stepped out of my car I thought "this must be what heaven is like." The beauty of the grounds and the house was like something out of a story book. Words nor pictures can create the peaceful, relaxed feeling you experiance at the Yellow House. The innkeeper, Shawn, is an incredibly marvelous host who makes you feel like your at home. Actually you would like home to feel like this place. He provides great food and service along with a friendly, humurous and generous personality. We have stayed in many B&B's and would rank this our #1. If you want to experiance what every B&B should be like you have to go to the Yellow House. I will be back many more times. Thank You

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 June 2010

There was:
Wonderful conversation. (I *loved* visiting with the other guests at breakfast.)
Fabulous food. (Freshly baked cookies every day.)
Sunshine, flowers, and solitary walks. (The grounds are amazing.)
A luxurious room. (A beautiful and oh-so-comfortable bed!!!)
An attentive staff. (The innkeeper is charming.)
And fabulous shopping in nearby Asheville. (Need I say more?)

The Yellow House was everything I had hoped for and more than I had imagined any bed-and-breakfast could be. It was definitely the stress-buster I needed!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank maureenltan
Reviewed 28 June 2010

A lovely place to get away from it all. Each room is more beautiful than the next. The breakfast was superb and the staff was friendly and helpful. The charm and the friendly atmosphere made it easy to make all of us feel "at home" and enjoy our stay immensely.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank terrireid
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Spent two nights at this property on business. Returned the next week with family to enjoy a leisurely visit.

Shawn is such an asset. He makes you feel very welcome and comfortable.
The property is beautiful and very, very relaxing. The evening cocktails and breakfast are wonderful treats. Connie also makes you feel you are at a special place.

I count on Trip Advisor for all my journeys and just had to share this wonderful place with evereyone. The North Carolina mountains are beautiful and The Yellow House just adds to the ambiance.

JRM - Charlotte, NC

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Of the many B&B's that my wife and I have stayed at, the Yellow House is by far our favorite. Even though we enjoy different areas of the Smoky Mountains we are willing to drive hours so that we can stay at our favorite place. Susan, Connie and Shawn are wonderful. Thank you again for a wonderful stay!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2010

From the moment we arrived-I felt like I was in one of my novels. The Yellow House is a true hidden gem! The grounds and mountain views will take your breath away. The rooms are plush and each one decorated differently. I can't wait to return for another visit. Our two days felt like we had been gone for a week, !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2010

The Yellow House bed and breakfast was a wonderful experience. The rooms were tastefully done and ambiance fantastic. A very peaceful, relaxing atmosphere is the setting you will find. The true plus about our stay was the staff, They went above and beyond what you would expect from having wine and cheese in your room to providing all your needs for a private picnic with delicious food, beverages, blanket, walking sticks, maps to trails, etc. If you have special needs, they will accomodate you. I truly can't say enough about the quality of care you receive at this lovely location.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
#6 of 19 in Waynesville
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
#3 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road? Share your experiences!