“A Home Away From Home”

Ranked #7 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Boca Raton, Florida
“A Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My Wife, Daughter, and I stayed there for a week in late August of 2013. It was quiet in Waynesville and this was my first time staying in town. The wife got a really good deal on line and spoke directly to the staff at the lodge. Did not know what to expect and it turned out that most kids were returning to school the following week and just a few rooms were booked after a new couple took over and renovated. We only paid like $75 a night and our expectations were not high. After talking to the owners friend for just a few minutes he asked if we would like to stay in the 2 bedroom cottage at no extra charge. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to take him up on that. Let me tell you the beauty of this cottage, like an interior decorator spent alot of time in there. The hospitality of Terry, his wife and good friend who personally cooked us fresh breakfast each morning was the best. Good old southern hospitality. I'm writing this over a year later b/c I just graduated RN school and it's real tough. My family and I will never forget our week there and when I take my next vacation in Waynesville, if Terry still owns that place, thats where I will stay. They treated us like family. I felt like Terry was my Uncle after talking with him as he invited me in the kitchen and spent time aquainting us with the town. If you want to get away from the hotel scene and just sit around the fire like the old days, then this is the Lodge for you.

Room Tip: Rent one of the cottages. It's the way to go.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful find in scenic Waynesville!! Great new owners. They are really personable, genuinely nice & down to earth. They go out of the way to make sure your needs are met and that you feel at home. Great full breakfast everyday. I would tell every one, 'Don't miss this Gem!!'
Jennifer

• Stayed January 2014
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I enjoyed 2 recent meals at the Lodge and was very pleased with both. A holiday dinner with friends was very special and all were quite satisfied with the well prepared meal. The cranberry citrus side Breanna made was the best I ever ate. Then I attended another gathering in December and was treated to another fine meal and attentive service. This time we were seated on the enclosed porch and enjoyed the lovely view of the mountains and it felt quite magical as we enjoyed some musical entertainment. The new owners are definitely showing the love to their new home and community!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I recently took a romantic getaway over the Christmas holiday. We stayed at the Grandview Lodge, in Waynesville, NC. This is a beautiful Bed & Breakfast/Lodge with lots of rustic charm with beautiful rock fire places and a wrap around porch with rockers. We enjoyed sitting on the porch bundled up and listening to the rolling creek. The view of the Smokey Mountains are amazing! The Breakfast was delicious and the owners were extremely accommodating. Because they knew it was a romantic getaway, they had a bottle of prosseco chilled and waiting for us in our room! Thank you Jeffrey and Brianna for a wonderful and romantic stay. We look forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Had a great stay before Christmas the room was comfortable new TV and the breakfast was wonderful no continental which was good. Really enjoyed the fireplace and having drinks with the proprietors. Can't wait to visit in the spring and definitely in the fall

• Stayed December 2013
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I decided to stay in an inn for first time and was so impressed by end of my stay I decided to book for a future weekend as well. The new owners of inn, made the most amazing breakfast for all the guests.

• Stayed December 2013
North Pole, Alaska
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Recently traveling cross country I was pleased to find beautiful areas to visit in the North Carolina mountains. I personally do not care for chain motels. I was in search of a Bed & Breakfast to spend the night. The majority were certainly out of my price range. I was so pleased to find The Grandview Lodge. Upon entering I was greeted by the new owners, who I may add were so kind, pleasant and personable. I felt as if I had known them all of my life. The room was very quaint and I was very comfortable and slept very well. I would recommend to anyone to enjoy a stay at the Lodge. I loved the rustic feeling of nostalgia and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Thumbs up from me and Kudos to the owners. They will continue to have my business in the future !

Room Tip: Any room would be wonderful in the Lodge. I stayed in the main house and really enjoyed it. The owne...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
#3 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Grandview Lodge? Share your experiences!