“My first B & B”

Ranked #7 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“My first B & B”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Loved this B&B. It was my first experience. The owners have it well kept & clean. They are very friendly and the breakfast was good. I will definitely be back again. As a woman traveling by myself I felt safe.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Upon my arrival and my friends we had separate rooms. I assumed we would be staying in a house since it was a bed and breakfast. The rooms are adjacent outside . It was very dark and not much light outside nor in the rooms. My daughter and I settled in and my friends in the room next door.
I awoke at 5:30 am needing to go to the restroom upon my entrance to the bathroom the pinecones and the bear had fallen off the shelf. I picked the pine cone up put it back on the shelf and noticed something in the trash can .....I assumed it was the bear that was on the shelf. Without paying attention and half asleep I reached in and to my surprise it was furry and warm with a huge tail. I screamed , it awakened and it was a possum. Needless to say I called my friend and told her my daughter and I were coming to her room. I took a picture of the possum in the trash can.
We had to leave before the breakfast was ready and upon leaving I checked the front desk area and no one was available. I also called before going in . On my way to the competition around 8:15 I finally got through to someone on the phone and the male person did not seem to concerned about the possum in my room and that I had to go share with my friend. So I paid for a room for a possum to sleep in , I have know idea how it got in there ....makes you wonder
I also received no compensation other than I apologize it is wildlife and we cannot control that.
Well I work in the service industry as mgt and there was definetly something the owners could have done about this.
I would not recommend this place to anyone unless you like to basically be sleeping outside.

Highly disappointed and will never return or even suggest to anyone to go stay there.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this place
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Shannon S
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel has recently been taken over by a young couple who are truly trying to make your stay as comfortable as possible and are succeeding. They are still in the midst of doing upgrades to the place, but overall it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

kure beach,nc
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Quaint, no frills bed and breakfast. Stayed in The Balsam Room; beautiful notty pine 360 degrees. The new owners are extremely interesting and personable; breakfast was prompt and delicious. Nothing fancy but we were just passing through after staying at the Grove Park Inn; polar opposites but both serve their purpose. Overall good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richard w
Montgomery, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014

After speaking with the owners over the phone and reviewing the pictures and other reviews we were thankful there were no surprises!

It is nestled in the town of Waynesville surrounded by a few mountain tops. Quiet and appealing in its quaintness. For us, personally, the history and heritage of the original house and property was an added bonus.

The owners were very accommodating for our families needs and it was a pleasure interacting with everyone for our extended stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Tucked into a neigborhood in Waynesville, this lodge offers comfortable accommadations. It is located quite near Route 74 and Great Smoky Mountains Expressway. We were made to feel quite at home by the owners Jeff and Brianna.We stayed in the Balsam Room. It was was clean, the shower was great and the bed comfortable. Our car was parked just outside the door.Coffee was hot and ready by 7:30am and breakfast at 8:30. Tom fixed eggs, bacon /sausage and the best biscuits. Also fresh squeezed apple juice. We very much enjoyed the breakfast conversation with Jeff, the owner, and the other guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Homely, great new owners, great place to sleep after a long day on the slopes! We were greeted by the owner and soon met his entire family. It was like staying at someone's home. The walls are quite thin, so it was easy to hear the neighbors, their pets, or the howling wind outside, but did not hamper my sleep too much. Breakfast was great with freshly squeezed apple juice, and smoked ham egg casserole. Homemade and delicious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
#3 of 19 in Waynesville
Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast

Been to Grandview Lodge? Share your experiences!