All reviews apple juice shiitake mushrooms fresh breakfast homemade sausage quiet country happily stay here again rustic feel farm to table fries home grown the main house stayed two nights hear everything next morning genuine interest awesome stay rooms are nice
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Only needed the room for the night, but I could have stayed for longer. The couple that runs the B & B are so down to eat and easy to befriend. You really feel as if you've know them your entire life. The rooms are clean and cozy. The many artifacts they have in the common area where people come to chat, read, play games, and relax are great conversation pieces. Be ready to fill your tummy with a delicious homemade breakfast in the morning! If you are gluten free they will be able to meet your needs. If you are staying longer it's close to town and great hikes. Asheville is a short distance, too. Fire flies are abundant and easy to see because there in no "light pollution." So if you are looking for a quaint getaway this is the place for you! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 stars!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2017

This last weekend was my second time staying at the Grandview and it was a pleasant as the first. The lodge and rooms are a throwback to a simpler age of travel, and the hosts are warm and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious and the freshly-pressed apple juice a divine start to any morning.
Yes, the lodge is in the middle of a somewhat rural neighborhood, but it is quiet and has expansive views of the surrounding mountains. Downtown Waynesville is just a short drive away.
Overall, the Grandview Lodge is a tremendous value for the quality of hospitality.

Room Tip: Soundproofing between rooms isn't optimal. We stayed in the Eagles Nest room, which is closest to the lodge proper. It was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My family and I have stayed here twice and I am in love with this B&B! It is our home away from home when we visit NC. The family that owns and runs this place is so friendly and welcoming. The place is beautiful, quaint, and clean. The food is excellent! I can not say enough wonderful things about this place and the wonderful family that runs it! We will be staying here every summer.:) It is magical!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stayed at the Lodge last weekend and I thought: "Wow, these people have the BnB thing DOWN!" Everything was so charming. The views were spectacular. The room was thoughtfully furnished with vintage antiques. Everything I needed was provided. The breakfast was just as good as everyone raves about, and kept me full until dinner. The A/C is centrally controlled, but it was kept at a perfect temperature the whole weekend. There was a Cable TV in the room, which you usually don't find in little mountain hotels. I can't believe how little they charge for what is offered.

At breakfast on Sunday I heard a woman tell her husband: "Hotels are not a vacation. Now a BnB like THIS is vacation!" That sums it up. If you're looking for a cheap bland hotel experience, find it elsewhere. This is a bed and breakfast with everything that implies, and it's an excellent, well-kept one. Already looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Loved the Thomas Wolfe room. Great access to the porch and main areas inside.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My sisters had made this booking for us in late may for a family reunion we were having in June in Catalochee that unfortunately had to be moved to July. Jeffrey, the owner, was so sweet and accommodating and was able to switch our reservation last minute without any issues. My sisters and I stayed in two rooms, the Eagles nest and the Thomas Wolf, both of which were clean, very homey, and comfortable. My sisters loved their retro looking bathroom and I absolutely loved my all wooden walled with the beautiful bed.
Since we only had a few nights to spend, the owners were kind enough to allow our family to come by and occupy the porch area for one of the nights so that we could spend some extra time together. I got to have a lovely conversation with Jeffrey's wife Breanna who was so warm and friendly and really made you feel like family. Breakfast in the morning was amazing! I am not really a breakfast eater, however the grits and egg dish Jeffrey cooked was delicious. I most enjoyed the family feel to the place, there were kids playing in the living room while people ate breakfast, we met some other lovely guests that came to the lodge every year to pick up their children from camp and another couple from Maine who stayed there twice a year every year. It was nice to see the interaction between the owners and the guests and how much care they give their home.

I will most certainly will be coming again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family