All reviewsapple juiceshiitake mushroomsfresh breakfasthomemade sausagequiet countryhappily stay here againrustic feelfarm to tablefrieshome growncovered porchthe main housestayed two nightsdining area ishear everythingnext morninggenuine interest
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at this remote mountain hide a way. The room was very comfortable and the breakfasts were superb! The owner was very informative with recommendations of places to go and restaurants to get a good meal.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Stayed for a night at Grandview during some travels around western NC and loved it. The place was clean, the ambiance was relaxing, the room was comfortable, and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. I had camped for a few nights before arriving there and it was perfect to still be in a peaceful rural setting among the mountains but with the comforts of a shower, a warm bed, and a tasty meal. There are modern conveniences like wifi and our room had a TV, though it's a great getaway spot too - it's a nice place to put away your smartphone and pick up one of the old books, play a vintage board game, or examine the interesting eclectic decorations. Or you can just admire the peace of the mountains from the porch while you sip on some coffee.

Very friendly proprietors, my boyfriend and I enjoyed chatting with Jeff about the adventures that had led him to owning Grandview as we finished our breakfast. At the end of the conversation, we told him that we were heading to Asheville for the day and we were given great recommendations about things to check out in the city. It is clear the family that owns it puts a lot of work into providing a great experience and it was a pleasure to meet them.

If you're looking for a BnB that's got personality, great service, and a peaceful setting I would highly recommend. The amazing crepes, grits, bacon, etc. is just the cherry on top. My boyfriend and I were both very pleased with the overall experience.

Room Tip: I loved the Thomas Wolfe room. Right next to the porch.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Only needed the room for the night, but I could have stayed for longer. The couple that runs the B & B are so down to eat and easy to befriend. You really feel as if you've know them your entire life. The rooms are clean and cozy. The many artifacts they have in the common area where people come to chat, read, play games, and relax are great conversation pieces. Be ready to fill your tummy with a delicious homemade breakfast in the morning! If you are gluten free they will be able to meet your needs. If you are staying longer it's close to town and great hikes. Asheville is a short distance, too. Fire flies are abundant and easy to see because there in no "light pollution." So if you are looking for a quaint getaway this is the place for you! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 stars!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2017

This last weekend was my second time staying at the Grandview and it was a pleasant as the first. The lodge and rooms are a throwback to a simpler age of travel, and the hosts are warm and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious and the freshly-pressed apple juice a divine start to any morning.
Yes, the lodge is in the middle of a somewhat rural neighborhood, but it is quiet and has expansive views of the surrounding mountains. Downtown Waynesville is just a short drive away.
Overall, the Grandview Lodge is a tremendous value for the quality of hospitality.

Room Tip: Soundproofing between rooms isn't optimal. We stayed in the Eagles Nest room, which is closest to the lodge proper. It was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My family and I have stayed here twice and I am in love with this B&B! It is our home away from home when we visit NC. The family that owns and runs this place is so friendly and welcoming. The place is beautiful, quaint, and clean. The food is excellent! I can not say enough wonderful things about this place and the wonderful family that runs it! We will be staying here every summer.:) It is magical!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family