The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Charleston, SC
“Fair”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This place looks good from the outside and the prices are very reasonable. But, we don't plan to stay there again. Whoever was in charge of expanding the "new rooms" did it on the cheap. It reminds me of a cheap Days Inn. When we drove up to our room we both thought it looked like a storage unit. Mattresses were not comfortable. Breakfast was OK. The front door lock for our room kept the key and we had to get them to send a man over to open the door. Anyway, needless to say, we will be looking for another place to stay in Waynesville.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank ESL
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thanks for taking a few moments to share a review with the TripAdvisor community. I apologize for the shortcomings you endured while you were here and regret that your stay fell below expectations. I appreciate your comments and have made note of them for future improvements. Thanks again for posting some details of your stay. I hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to host you in Waynesville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was our second stay at the Waynesville Inn and we had a very favorable expeience. The Mountainview Room was roomy, clean and was very comfortable. Breakfast was included both days and it was delicious. We would stay again!

Room Tip: Choose a mountainview room. Very scenic!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jarube1963
It is so nice to hear from return guests and I appreciate your kind words in describing your recent stay. Thank you so much for your support. I hope to see you in Waynesville again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Waynesville in for the 2nd time and can honestly say it will be our last. The rooms had a great view, but were dirty; the spider webbs in the corners even had dust on them. The rooms were not very condusive for a resort, the doors do not seal, you can hear every noise from the next room and the one above you. If you're looking for a resort and spa to relax for a romantic getaway, I would not recommend this resort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mandy S
We are very fortunate to have had you as a guest twice and I appreciate your time in sharing some details of your stay. While what you have shared is certainly out of character for our housekeeping staff, I will make sure to continue to emphasize that cleanliness from top to bottom is paramount in ensuring our guests continue to stay with us. Thank you for your past business and safe travels in the future!

Travellers are raving about these Waynesville hotels

Cherryville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We are spending the weekend in Waynesville and I booked a couple's massage for my wife and me at the on site spa so we decided just to book a room and come up for a couple nights. We stayed in a golfview room which is in the newer part of the inn. The room was very large and the furnishings were nice. It was extremely cold and the heat could have been warmer, but other than that things were very nice. Also, the buffet breakfast was included with our room and it was fantastic! We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CTKiser
Thank you so much for taking some time to post a review of our property. I hope you enjoyed the couples massage and I am happy to hear we have earned consideration for a second visit. I hope we see you again very soon!
Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights in the historic (old) section. Room overlooked the golf course which was nice. This section go the hotel has that old smell to it. The restaurant was pretty good and convenient. Unless I am going to golf, the next time I will sty downtown Waynesville somewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TheGrillGy
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I am sorry to hear that you would likely choose to stay elsewhere during your next visit to Waynesville. While the Lodge is an older building - built in the 1920s, we do have several newer options overlooking the golf course and Balsam Mountains south of town. If you are planning a trip to Waynesville in the future, please contact me directly and I will work very hard to place you in one of our newer Mountain View rooms. Safe travels!
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband booked our stay with this resort using a Groupon. After reading some of the reviews I was not sure what to expect. My husband paid a few dollars extra and booked a room overlooking the golf course. We stayed the second week of October. The room had a king sized bed, a refrigerator and a microwave. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I do agree with one reviewer that I wish we had been on the second floor so that we could have left the balcony doors open during the night to take advantage of the breeze. The resort is older and there was a slight musty smell when we first opened the door but I just opened the screen doors for a while and the smell was gone. Everyone we met at the resort was very courteous. The breakfast buffet (which was included in the price of our room- no hidden fees) was excellent and our waitress could not have been more helpful. My husband enjoyed 2 days of golf (which is not expensive at all especially if you book your tee time on Golf Now.) We ate one of our meals in the Sports Bar and again we had good service and the food was tasty. We saw no bugs or dirty tables. I especially enjoyed the downtown area of Waynesville. There are many nice restaurants there and I had fun shopping in the gift shops.

Room Tip: Golf View- top floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank theaverys2002
Thanks so much for sharing some details of your recent stay with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you were able to enjoy a couple of days of golf and relaxation with us. Thanks again for posting a review. I hope we will see you again very soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in mid-October, 2013. Stayed in one of the Fairway "cottages" overlooking hole #9.

Pros:
> Beautiful golf course (a "pro" only if you'll golf)
> Good location in Waynesville, close to middle of town
> Decent breakfast (was included in our rate)

Cons:
- Bed was horrible; both of us did not sleep well at all and woke up with kinks in our back every morning
- Room was very modest, again for the money; expected much nicer room with nicer amenities and toiletries. E.g. we had small cheap plastic cups; had to call down to get glasses, then had to walk over to the Tap Room to retrieve the glasses ourselves!
- Internet connection was very poor/slow.
- Service and staff was 50-50...some very nice folks and some very "hands-off" almost discourteous encounters. E.g. not once did they check on us to see how we were (even though we were there for 4 nights, and called the first day to see if we could get a room change).
- Overall upkeep of the place was mediocre; again, not what you'd expect for paying $150+ per night.

I suspect most people who like this place probably visited at a considerable discount (Groupon etc); if you pay the "normal" rates, it is definitely overpriced for what you get!!

Room Tip: Only book if you have a considerable discount (e.g. Groupon)!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bill L
Thank you for taking some time to post about your recent stay in Waynesville. I am very sorry that your time with us left you less than satisfied. We aim to provide our guests with warm service and great value and it appears we missed the mark in this case. We do have plans to make some extensive improvements, and I hope we will have a chance to make a new first impression with you some time in the future. Safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
#1 of 19 in Waynesville
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 8 in Waynesville

Been to The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!